Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Now has sound effects and a status plugin for sound and supposedly for bluetooth but i can figure out the bluetooth status yet, maybe you guys can give it a shot. It is still in beta phase so use at own risk, might be buggy.. The sound effects are really cool. http://www.zztechs.com/en/zlauncher/beta.htm

Changes in v5.30 Beta :

Added Sound function. You may Import/Export (.Wav) file as your favorites Sound in ZLauncher. Note: The sound function requires SoundMgr-based device above OS5.

Better compatible with LifeDrive device.

New ZLPluginStatus is released. ZLPluginStatus can display the status of Bluetooth and System sound. Note: The ZLPluginStatus only works on Top/Bottom Bar.

Fix the incorrect behavior, which cannot active Viskey when power off via "PowerOff Button".

Fixed incorrect behavior of ThemeManager when changing the BackImage.

Fixed error of Bluetooth when it sending a virtual shortcut.

Fixed the bug of Move/Copy a file from card(1) to card(2).

Miscellaneous updates and bug-fixes.
    migs,
    Do you know if the ZLPluginStatus can be used with 5.20?
    Zane
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zvandiver
    migs,
    Do you know if the ZLPluginStatus can be used with 5.20?
    Zane
    Try it and let me know
    Mine only shows sound, regardless of what I set it to under the Plugin pref. I wanted BlueTooth.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    I have 5.3b installed with the sound and bt icons displayed. It appears the icons do not work though. Looks like they are shortcuts instead of status icons. I just installed over 5.2 with no probs..yet
    Interesting, I must have missed something then..

I installed the new ZL, the new Plugin PRC, went into Plugins, activated it, didn't set a plugins "location", and then hit Prefs in the Plugin screen and tapped Bluetooth. Then I went into the top/bottom bar, removed a few buttons to make room, and added the Plugin. But all I get is a speaker icon.

Maybe I messed up by going into the prefs for the plugin. Very odd. I should make a suggestion to make it easier to adjust top/bottom bars, including when there's too much stuff there and one of the things pop off out of view, and moving items over another item (currently have to delete the item, move, re-add it if you're wanting to do something like moving 1 2 3 to 1 3 2.)

Ah well, ZL rules anyway. Not like I'm messing with the top/bottom bar much.
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Well I figured out how to add a working bluetooth status icon!!

1.click ZL Preferences

2.click Top/Bot Bar

3.press and hold stylus on part of bar where you want the Bluetooth icon to appear.

4.choose Plugin then Zlpluginstatus, a speaker will appear.

5.press and hold stylus on speaker icon then click Preferences, then click Bluetooth and ok.
    Presto!

You can also add the speaker icon to indicate you have system sounds on. As far as i can tell,
    the sound switch on top of treo doesnt affect this icon.
    Last edited by migs; 06/12/2005 at 11:56 AM.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by migs

You can also add the speaker icon to indicate you have system sounds on. As far as i can tell,
    the sound switch on top of treo doesnt affect this icon.
    Nothing affects these icons..
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    The bluetooth icon definitly shows the status when i turn off Bluetooth there is a red line thru the icon.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    Ahh so it does..I was thinking with bt on that the circle would become blue. Never tried to turn bt off.

And I am thinking the speaker icon is for the wav file that comes with this new beta..zlauncher system sounds perhaps?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Here are some screen shots of the Bluetooth Icon on the top bar and the Sound Icon on the bottom bar. First one with Bluetooth ON, second with Bluetooth OFF.

I have theme called Win XP Blue by the way, which also shows a signal indicator upper right with signal bars and data incoming/outgoing. I also have the green Start button mapped to ZL's Quicklaunch.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by migs; 06/12/2005 at 03:20 PM.
    Global Posts
    413 Global Posts
    migs, which theme are you using? link?
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    I like the clean look of XP. If you have Zlaucher, my favorite skin is Win XP Blue For Zlauncher (Theme 1.3) I purchased it from Palmgear for 3.75 I first tried alot of the free XP skins you can find around the net but this is the best. It has a working signal indicator, genuine XP icons and you can actually map the simulated windows style start button to Zlauchers's Quicklaunch! The Tools Panel also is animated when you drag for instance something to the trashbin. Its cool, I fooled many people into thinking I have XP on my treo 650 especialy if you have a nice backround image. Heres the link http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...9&prodid=93267
    Last edited by migs; 06/12/2005 at 03:51 PM.
    I still don't understand the functionality of the speaker icon. As noted above, the BT icon is functional but the speaker always says, "Sound On." What sound? And what are the system sounds that are supposed to be included in this new beta version? I apologize in advance if my questions are naive..
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Speaker doesn't work, just for the look I guess. Sounds are working, go to Theme Manager, then sounds, and pick them out. This Beta is working good, no problems yet.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Thanks reverendrhino...... I selected the sounds but I get that double clicking that makes me nervous when switching apps. Don't know if that's a good sign.
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.
    Quote Originally Posted by migs
    I like the clean look of XP. If you have Zlaucher, my favorite skin is Win XP Blue For Zlauncher (Theme 1.3) I purchased it from Palmgear for 3.75 I first tried alot of the free XP skins you can find around the net but this is the best. It has a working signal indicator, genuine XP icons and you can actually map the simulated windows style start button to Zlauchers's Quicklaunch! The Tools Panel also is animated when you drag for instance something to the trashbin. Its cool, I fooled many people into thinking I have XP on my treo 650 especialy if you have a nice backround image. Heres the link http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...9&prodid=93267
    Thanks, I just got it. Question though: How can I use the XP Clouds pictures in the background? I've been racking my brain for the past hour on this. Or, are they not meant to be backgrounds for the tabs?
    Quote Originally Posted by frankthetoad
    Thanks reverendrhino...... I selected the sounds but I get that double clicking that makes me nervous when switching apps. Don't know if that's a good sign.
    Looks like you got it, some sounds are just weird. There's even one that makes a Camera sound, my kids thought I was taking all kinds of pictures. I hope on their stable release, we can change the sounds.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    678 Global Posts
    I've loaded the update. Works fine for me. I don't like the sounds though. I'm hoping one of you creative persons will come up with a collection better than the default.
    Mike G

Touch (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    989 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2
    Thanks, I just got it. Question though: How can I use the XP Clouds pictures in the background? I've been racking my brain for the past hour on this. Or, are they not meant to be backgrounds for the tabs?
    1. If you bought Win XP from Palmgear, its comes with a back images called "Bliss Small" click to view image.

2. Since its not a PRC, you'll have to copy or save the image to your Pictures Folder on your Home computer first. (you will need a SD card for this to work) Once in your Pictures file, just drag and drop in hotsyc/quicklaunch and hotsync to card.

3.Open Zlauncher,go to Card Tab the image will be in the DCIM Folder. Press and hold image, choose backimage then which tab, wait a bit till it processes and presto!

4. To manage images go to Zlauncher Theme Manager==>Backimge you can use this process for any image as long it is 320x320 or close. There is a Zlauncher backimage converter here http://festus440.happypalm.com/
    Last edited by migs; 06/14/2005 at 12:12 AM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast