1.    #1  
    Hi all,
    I plan to get a Rogers unlocked Treo 650 shortly. However, I read lots people complaining about the "VOLUME" on ear-piece/speakerphone issues....

Therefore, I would like to know does Rogers Treo 650 has this volume problem? Or it's just fine?

Thanks for all your comments!
    Yes it has the volume problem. Also, you can't buy an "unlocked" treo from Rogers. The phones Rogers sells are locked.

I personally find it loud enough to work (especially with a headset). But it certainly is on the quiet side when compared with other phones. One of my co-workers finds it almost unusable in noisy places. I sit on the fence.
  3.    #3  
    thanks!!!!
    The new 1.13 Rom Update seems to fix the volume problem, and its also a good idea to get a Bluetooth headset for bad noise areas.
    I just got it a month ago and was surprise on the earpiece/speaker volume issues until I flashed with 1.06/1.23 firmware which now performs *like* a phone. The only issues I have is the *echo* heard by the otherside and hope the new 1.13/1.28 firmware fix it.
    I did not experience a significant improvement in earpiece volume with the rogers update. The speaker phone was improved...but not the earpiece.
    Same here. Although I have an unlocked treo 650 on rogers. Update did not increase my earpiece volume. I am actually experiencing a lot of resets with the upgrade and I was stable before. The only benefit so far is the increased free memory.
  8. CMD
    I'm using an unlocked GSM from PalmOne on Roger's and have just updated to 1.13/1.28 using the ROW update file from the Roger's site. I have experienced a noticable improvement in both quality and volume from the earpiece. Previously, in noisy areas, it was difficult to hear but now I have no problems. I don't use the speakerphone very much so can't comment.

I've had no resets since updating last Friday (6/17)
    one poster said they now have Wifi working or such. Is that possible? That'd be gold.

Quote Originally Posted by kengeroo
    ...here you go

my treo grew a new antenna and learned WIFI after the update !

https://www.shoprogers.com/web_auth/...TREO650&brd=20
    regardless of natively i want to be able to hack/seem edit/anything to make it work. I'd give up GPRS if necessary in a heart beat
    no I need GSM and Rogers made SEEG

GPRS=Crap unless you can expense it
    Quote Originally Posted by eliteblaze
    no I need GSM and Rogers made SEEG

GPRS=Crap unless you can expense it
    yo rogers is always pro mad seeg you're just cheap LOL kidding
    Yah dat true too But oh well I need to eat and pay bills too... Not to mention justify why I need to spend $100 to stay always connected to internet and non sms forwardable email (can someone say gmail)
    I am having more problems with my unlocked treo 650 from palmone on rogers after the upgrade. Ever 2-3 minutes it connects to the "Internet" connection and freezes up what ever i am doing. Never used to do that before the upgrade. Sometimes it says connecting several times in a row. I use snapper mail that auto checks every 30 mins. but never saw the connection happening before the upgrade. Both network profiles are locked by provider "rogers". Any solutions? I hate calling Rogers as it takes forever to get someone with treo technical support on the phone. Thanks guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD
    I'm using an unlocked GSM from PalmOne on Roger's and have just updated to 1.13/1.28 using the ROW update file from the Roger's site.
    Where is this? I can't seem to find 1.28 for GSM ROW T650 anywhere. Can anyone point me towards an SD-updater package for 1.28?
    Alexander Burke
    Hardware hacker and all-around technogeek