1.    #1  
    Believe it or not, I can't seem to find a thread among many forums which relate to my specific situation (which I would think should be quite common). What I want is to use my Treo 650 as a modem via HotSync cable on my G4 iBook. I have successfully installed Wireless Internet on my laptop and my Treo, and configured settings to the point where I am prompted to connect by dialing #777 on my phone, clicking "OK" on the Internet Connect Utility, and hanging up the phone. After trying to connect, I get a message saying connection failed and prompting me to check settings. I must be missing an important step somewhere. Does anyone have the answer?
    I'm interested in using the Treo's connection so my Powerbook can get online. I was told only the software PDANet could do this...ideas?
    Have you visited the WirelessModem forums over at www.notifymail.com ? Lots of info there, including bad news that the T650 and WirelessModem don't seem to work with PBs (some odd USB issue).
    There is another way, but it will take you many frustrating hours. PDANet works great on my 600. It's around $30.

If you have WAY moe time than money, Keywords to search are DUN and Mac OS X and Treo.
    Cant use the usb to connect, you have to go bluetooth. Go and get shadowmite's hack at www.shadowmite.com and follow those directions. Then open internet connect and use the following:
    Username: 10digitnumber@vzw3g.com
    Password: vzw
    Phone Number: #777

Modem: USB bluetooth

If you have anyproblems or want more directions look to this website(particularly the last half of the directions as the first half is sprint specific):
    homepage.mac.com/vocaro/trevor/treo-dun
    I tried Wireless Modem...haven't been able to get it to work yet, but it seems like it will ....are you suggesting there is no USB solution?
    I have had no luck with any USB solution, it shuts my phone off when i dial
    There's this technique for using a SprintPCS phone as a modem with OS X. Haven't tried it with my Treo but it sounds easy. The only question is what needs to be set on the Treo?