1.    #1  
    I'm looking for a program(maybe it's already installed) that will allow me to wirelessly connect to my internet provider and download my e-mail whenever I decide to.
    It is on the Treo - Versamail. You need to figure out what your internet provider's settings are, and then plug them into Versamail.

There are other options, but try Versamail first.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  3.    #3  
    I wwill have to look for Versamail then cause I don't see it. The only e-mail program that is on my Treo right has no place for me to enter my POP or SMTP settings. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place or something?
    If you can't find it, try snappermail. (www.snappermail.com) It comes with good instructions on setting up your POP and SMTP settings for various ISP's. It comes with a free trial of 30 days or something.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    If you're on Verizon your treo didn't come with a standard email app built in.
  6.    #6  
    ahhh....that's why I didn't see it then. So what is the best and most stable e-mail app on the 650?
    Two big divisions: Chatter vs Snapper

If you want the benefits of IMAP - go Chatter
    If you want the most stable, feature rich POP: Snapper

They both have free trials, so you could test them both.
    Versamail comes on the CD with Verizon.