Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast
Results 161 to 180 of 230
  1. #161  
    Well, I've fixed a whole bunch of long-standing bugs (including the 'Favorites don't work after incoming phone calls' bug), reduced overhead significantly, and added explicit controls for the repeat rate. I think it's a whole lot more usable. You may or may not agree.

    On my web site I have a version that seems to work well (v0.9b8), and one with some improvements that works for me but apparently not others (v0.9b10). I recommend installing the old version for now.
  2. #162  
    doomsey,

    I have isolated the 2 applications causing the same problem for the latest keycaps build: Textplus and netselect (www.79bmedia.com)
  3. #163  
    doomsey,
    I haven't read all of this thread, but just wanted to say THANK YOU for this app. As a previous user of a Tungsten C I got very used to this feature.
  4. #164  
    dtom - don't thank me, I didn't write it.
    mfb - I installed textplus and am getting resets. Still don't know why but at least I might have a chance at being able to debug it.
  5. #165  
    doomsey,

    I'm glad you're able to duplicate the problem. I just hope that the textplus incompatibility problem is the same for netselect.
  6. #166  
    I haven't tried netselect yet. I will test with it too. One thing at a time.
  7. #167  
    Thanks doomsey : )
  8. rigo's Avatar
    Posts
    143 Posts
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    #168  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Well, I've fixed a whole bunch of long-standing bugs (including the 'Favorites don't work after incoming phone calls' bug), reduced overhead significantly, and added explicit controls for the repeat rate. I think it's a whole lot more usable. You may or may not agree.

    On my web site I have a version that seems to work well (v0.9b8), and one with some improvements that works for me but apparently not others (v0.9b10). I recommend installing the old version for now.
    I think I'll try them. thanks.
  9. #169  
    mfb - I found a problem that could result in preference corruption and fixed it. I uploaded a new version 0.9b11 that no longer crashes on my Treo with both TextPlus and netselect loaded and enabled.

    please delete the existing version before installing the new one, so the corrupt preferences are not retained.
  10.    #170  
    Should the rest of us upgrade to b11?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  11. #171  
    if you're using b9 or b10, yes. if you're using b8, it's not really necessary but I'd still appreciate feedback about that version.
  12. #172  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    mfb - I found a problem that could result in preference corruption and fixed it. I uploaded a new version 0.9b11 that no longer crashes on my Treo with both TextPlus and netselect loaded and enabled.

    please delete the existing version before installing the new one, so the corrupt preferences are not retained.
    Problem solved!!! Thanks for your help doomsey : )

    Btw, what zip program did you use? Handzipper (only 2k installed, then crash) and Resco explorer (invalid archive) couldn't extract it the properly. I used the "extract to" method of resco and unzipped on the card first before installation to ram.

    What does the autocomplete function do? Are you pertaining to Palm's auto correct function? example : isnt automatically corrected to isn't
  13. #173  
    info-zip: This is Zip 2.31 (March 8th 2005), by Info-ZIP.

    I don't have any problems using Handzipper Light to decompress. Handzipper uses a different unzipper core (it uses ARM code to speed things up); maybe that's buggy?

    Regarding autocomplete, some fields (for instance, the state field in the address book) attempt to complete a field based on the first characters you've entered. If this happens, pre-0.9b9 versions of keycaps didn't properly delete previous character when the key was held/double tapped. If enabled, this will fix that particular problem.

    There may be certain circumstances in which the same incorrect behavior could occur if autocorrect is activated, and the fix should solve that, too. However, I haven't tried to test this.
  14. #174  
    Thanks for the explanation. It doesnt really matter why my other unzipping apps doesnt work well with your archive. I was still able to unzip it anyway.

    I have not encountered (or may not be aware of) any problems with autocomplete and keycaps. Glad you fixed those too. Autocorrect seems to work well except in Blazer when it forgets to autocapitalize. I usually experience this when posting in TC. Im not sure if its related to keycaps though.
  15. #175  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    I can't reproduce either of these problems.

    GuWa7 - what do you use to set up the shortcuts?
    Hi! I copied the ShortCuts.prc and ShortCuts_enUS.prc from my T3.
  16. #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    try to adjust the repeat rate slower, if this doesnt fix it enable hold (e>1>E) and set click to lower e. one of these should work.
    This worked but has caused my Treo to reset with the following error message while running the messaging when I use the Klaunch of butler:

    MemoryMgr.c,Line:3787, Invalid handle.

    I never had this message with the default Keycaps setup.

    Thanks.
  17. #177  
    Is the shortcuts app from your T3 really compatible with the Treo 650? There is a better alternative and its best you just use that.
  18. #178  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Is the shortcuts app from your T3 really compatible with the Treo 650? There is a better alternative and its best you just use that.
    So far it is compatible. I tried using the freeware ShortCut5 but it registers in the hede in PalmInternals and slows down from 9 secs to 37 secs.

    What is the alternative?
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    if you're using b9 or b10, yes. if you're using b8, it's not really necessary but I'd still appreciate feedback about that version.
    I am still using b8 which is working fine for me. I have not seen any reason to upgrade expect I usually like to be on the lastest releases.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
  20. #180  
    Quote Originally Posted by GuWa7
    So far it is compatible. I tried using the freeware ShortCut5 but it registers in the hede in PalmInternals and slows down from 9 secs to 37 secs.

    What is the alternative?
    I was actually referring to that.

    Can you upload the shortcut prcs from your T3 here? Is there a way to input the shortcut stroke via keyboard?
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Posting Permissions