Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast
    doomsey,

I too got a reset (Fatal Exception) when tapping repeatedly on Enable (while it was already enabled) and exiting by hitting the Home key.

I haven't had any slowdowns, though.

This was somewaht abnormal way of behaving (rapid tapping of Enable etc), so I am continuing to use the application.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    Where is the link to Doomsey's keycaps? The links I can find do not seem to work.
    http://shrug.csl.uiuc.edu/~sachs/palm/

isn't connecting for me either. Hopefully a a temporary thing ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad

the link works fine for me
    treokeyhack 4.2 has been released works perfectly, i will stick with this one
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad

I hope so too!

It's not working because the machine that serves that link is currently apart on the floor in front of me. I had a drive failure a few days ago. I got it back up without any data lost (yay for mirroring and backups), but I still have to replace the broken drives...
    Good luck fixing the machine.

Could anyone else post the program?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by prubin
    Good luck fixing the machine.

Could anyone else post the program?
    here ya go
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I posted an update to Keycaps at my web site (http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm) which should solve the problems with scroll speed.
    Bless you doomsey - thanks for this.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    doomsey,

I'm using you're latest patched ver.

Sometimes, and only sometimes, when pressing and holding Space, Back Space, or the 5Way...they will only move once. Disabling and Enabling KeyCaps a few times fixes it.

I can't really reproduce the problem, it just happens sometimes. Anyone else experience this? Any thoughts why?
    Ok, I know what's causing that. It might be a few days before I patch it out, though.
    Global Posts
    86 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Ok, I know what's causing that. It might be a few days before I patch it out, though.
    Great response time!!! Less than a half hour.

Thanks for all your work on these apps.
    I think I have a fix for the double-tap repeat bug. it can be downloaded from http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm as usual.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    I think I have a fix for the double-tap repeat bug. it can be downloaded from http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm as usual.
    Is KeyCaps600 the same as KeyCaps650 now? Your newest version says 600
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    If you'd read the README, you'd have seen that the same prc supports both the Treo 600 and Treo 650.
    Is there a way you can label your software so that the treo accepts it? As of now, it thinks it is the progam that is already there. I find that I must delete an old version to download the new one.
    Laissez Faire
  16.    #136  
    Just tried installing the new version of KC (.94) and got the following message:

- Already exists: C:\Palm\WiederS\Install\KeyCaps600.prc
    Install synchronization failed

UPDATE: I disabled KeyCaps and the new version installed over the old one. The settings had to be reset.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Doomsey,

Please put the version # in the About dialog box ... I have many versions and it's hard to keep track of which one is on the Treo ...

Thanks
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    The Keycaps versioning information is available from the launcher's Info page (Menu-I, then choose "Version").

I've been trying to get this information in my other applications too, but for some reason it keeps refusing display it...
    Last edited by doomsey; 08/03/2005 at 08:26 PM.
  19.    #139  
    I found the version number v.0.9b4 listed on the info screen. It would be great to see this in the About box from within the application.

Thanks for updating this program. We appreciate your efforts.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Hi doomsey -

I've gotten pretty good at typing on my Treo 600, so I can type at a pretty good clip. Every now and then, when I type the same letter quickly twice in a row, I get the option character for the second character instead of the letter I'm trying to type. For example, hello comes through as hel'o; occasion becomes oc8asion. This doesn't happen all of the time, but I am able to reproduce the behavior in KeyCaps600's test area by typing a single letter repeatedly, very quickly. I'd say this happens about once out of every 5 times I try to type the same letter twice.

My settings are:

Re-enable on reset
    Disable in phone app
    Click: Lower (e)
    Timeout: 500ms
    Hold: Option (1)
    Delay: 210ms
    Repeat Rate: 20/s
    Repeat Delay: 220ms

I remember this same problem from the original KeyCaps600 before you started modifying it. Any thoughts?

Thanks! Jesse