Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
    i installed it and im up and running , tested it and yes it is under hede, speed test in PI shows it speeds things up by 1sec., and again u were right if i choose a low hold speed i get faster scroll.

THANKS
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I keep seeing the word "hede". What does this mean?

Thanks, CC.
    Two Must have enhancements for TreoKeyHack.
    - Shift + Arrow: It should highlight a complete word not just one character at a time.
    - Option + Arrow: Not available but I would like to see this, which should skip words just like Ctrl + Arrow does it on a PC.

Thanks,

Al
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    For those using Yahm, why is the timeout thing needed after reboot? Can you disable it. I'm still using doomsey's KeyCaps and everything is running fine. And my keyboard favorites launch as they should now! Thanks again Doomsey.
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    For those using Yahm, why is the timeout thing needed after reboot? Can you disable it. I'm still using doomsey's KeyCaps and everything is running fine. And my keyboard favorites launch as they should now! Thanks again Doomsey.
    What settings do you have for doomsey's keycaps?
    I tried TreoKeyHack, but the time interval between repeats or cycles (e-E-1) seemed incredibly eratic. Made it very hard to consistently get the character I wanted.

Doomsey's version of KeyCaps works fine for me. I think many of the 'slowdowns' people are reporting are a case of measurbating. Yeah, I can see a slowdown using timing software, but in actual use the Treo seems to run about as fast with or without KeyCaps and all my other background apps. Any slight slowdown that KeyCaps does cause is more than offset by the added functionality, IMHO.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Two Must have enhancements for TreoKeyHack.
    - Shift + Arrow: It should highlight a complete word not just one character at a time.
    - Option + Arrow: Not available but I would like to see this, which should skip words just like Ctrl + Arrow does it on a PC.

Thanks,

Al
    Also Option + Backspace = Delete (forwards) like a Sony keyboard. I keep pushing it already thinking I can delete forwards - does anything do this - the New & Improved FieldPlus?
    Which takes more memory -- modified KeyCpas or YAHM and TreoKeyHack?
    Laissez Faire
    Quote Originally Posted by kronium
    Yes, you can disable the timeout after reset thing in YAHM. Open up YAHM, then go Menu > Options, and set the startup timeout to zero. The timeout is just a way to give you the option of not loading hacks at startup. With the timeout set to zero, you won't see that dialog box and the hacks will automatically load.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    1. The new version of keycaps does show up under hede, but it adds only 1-2 seconds to the test time in PalmInternals. Unlike before, when you're not actually using the physical keyboard, it doesn't take any significant amount of time. It actually had slightly less impact on the speed test than TreoKeyHack last time I checked.

By the way, TreoKeyHack does something equivalent to hooking hede. It has to in order to do what it does. It just does it in a way that doesn't show up in the PalmInternals list.

3. Well, it shouldn't change the scroll speed - but it does. Normally it makes it faster, but it depends on the hold-time value you set. Setting a short time will give you fast scrolling (except when it doesn't).

The scroll speed stuff is a bug, but I don't think it's a bug that I added. I'm planning on extending keycaps to have explicit control over scroll speed and delay at some point, but I don't know how long it'll take me to do it.

4. FieldPlus is a really handy piece of software, especially the 'use' option on the shift-center-button menu. Try it sometime.
    Doomsey did you patch keycaps650 or keycaps650pre1(the newest version for the 650)? anyway here is the newest keycaps650pre1 maybe if you patch this one it will get rid of the scroll speed issues people are having
    Attached Files Attached Files

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I got kinda sidetracked by problems with my server. I looked at the scroll speed stuff yesterday, and I think I know what's causing it. It should be pretty easy to fix when I have a chance to, but that'll probably be a few days.

I talked to the original author of keycaps and my 650 version incorporates all his 650 changes.
    If you must know, I patched the 'KeyCaps600-0.7' version available in source form on metsfan's site. He never released the sourcecode for 'KeyCaps650pre1.prc'

But I've verified with metsfan that I've made all the 650-compatibility changes that he made.
    I got kinda sidetracked by problems with my server. I looked at the scroll speed stuff yesterday, and I think I know what's causing it. It should be pretty easy to fix when I have a chance to, but that'll probably be a few days.

I talked to the original author of keycaps and my 650 version incorporates all his 650 changes.

Actually the scroll speed bug is a good thing. : ) We dont have to use apps such as PXA clocker to have faster cursor or scrolling. However, if the scroll speed increase affects battery life then please fix it.
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Actually the scroll speed bug is a good thing. : ) We dont have to use apps such as PXA clocker to have faster cursor or scrolling. However, if the scroll speed increase affects battery life then please fix it.
    the hold speed of 100 or even 150 is to quick and i sometimes pass the letter making it more of a problem than a helper. i thankyou doomsey for all your replies and for the upcoming fix for keycaps . its my last "problem" app

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Oooo.. Don't fix this unless it's needed for stability or something ..

Improved scrolling speed is a "feature" of keycaps, IMO.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I really like the fast scroll speed with KeyCaps. Please do not disable this "feature". I can no longer stand the slooooow standard scroll speed of the Treo. With KeyCaps, my Treo 650 can now scroll as fast as my speedy Tungsten C.

By the way, I'm still wondering what "hede" means. Someone please explain :-))
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    Oooo.. Don't fix this unless it's needed for stability or something ..

Improved scrolling speed is a "feature" of keycaps, IMO.
    to adjust scroll speed is fine, just not with the hold value. if the hold value is low the scroll speed is high, but it goes from e>E>1 so quickly if i could have a hold speed of say 200 and have quick scrolling then that would be nice

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I have mine set up at 230 and 250. I have increased scrolling. However I increased hold option to 260 in an attempt to have normal scroll speed. The increase scroll speed (I suspect) have crashed Blazer twice already when moving fast between web links. I'll post about this again when I can conclude something already.

doomsey,

Any update on your scroll speed bug fix?
    Last edited by MFB; 07/27/2005 at 02:14 AM.
    A couple days ago I installed the new version of KeyCaps, and it was working fine with my usual settings. But today, it started acting weird for no apparent reason. At various times, my scroll speed would no longer be fast, but normal instead. When I went to the KeyCaps app, if I tap on the Enable box, while it's already enabled, a soft reset would occur. So I deleted the newer version, and ended up re-installing the older version of KeyCaps, and now everything seems okay again. With the older version, my fast scroll speed is restored, with no more soft resets if I accidently tap on the Enable box, while the app is already enabled. I'm going to stick with the older version for now.
    Where is the link to Doomsey's keycaps? The links I can find do not seem to work.
    Laissez Faire
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast