Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    As I posted above, at times my scroll speed would slow down significantly, and other times it would be fine. I thought it had to do with the settings in keycaps so I lowered them down to 150ms and 100ms respectively. Really fast scrolling...for a while...then it slows down again for a while..then it speeds up again...so I think something definitely is going on with it...nothing else new has been installed.
    I have the same problem with the patched version of keycaps (slow scrolling). I have opted to switch from keycaps650 to treokeyhack that runs on yahm. The downside is not being able to conveniently type a number after a period. The upside is HUGE- always being able to dial a favorite.
    Global Posts
    592 Global Posts
    I have to say, it is amazing how much faster my 650 is running since ditching Keycaps. I was trying to figure out why real player was stuttering on occasion. Ditching keycaps made it all go away...
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigG65
    I have the same problem with the patched version of keycaps (slow scrolling). I have opted to switch from keycaps650 to treokeyhack that runs on yahm. The downside is not being able to conveniently type a number after a period. The upside is HUGE- always being able to dial a favorite.
    doomsey's latest update of KeyCaps600 fixes the favorites bug and I have no problems with slow scrolling or slow overall performance.
    My treo did lockup several times when I lowered my settings to 230 230. (I used to have default of 300 for both) Scrolling and cursor movement increased and it seemed like I was running PXA clocker. I lowered my hold setting to 250 instead and have not locked up since then. Eversince I adjusted my settings to 230 and 250, my speedtest with Palminternals went down from 30 to 21 seconds.
    KeyCaps works perfectly for me, both the new and old version. Scroll speed is very fast, and Speed Dial buttons work again!! I'm using a Sprint Treo 650 with 1.12 update. -CC.
    Thanks to Doomsey for the latest enhancement to keycaps - my speed test has improved to 163 ticks, 2 seconds - everything seems stable

Would it be possible to enable the five-way navigator to control the enabled-disabled selection? It's one of the few times I have to pull out the stylus (I don't check "Enable on Reset") Thanks.
    30 seconds? 21 SECONDS? My PalmInternals takes 141 seconds. Speedy shows 270-273 Mhz so I guess the overall speed is fine (unless Speedy is taking over the entire system, thus immune to (most?) slowdowns).

I had FieldsPlus on, but it's gone now (and soft reset to make sure), but I'm running KeyCaps650, Chatter, TreoAlarm, etc..

So could someone say, does this benchmarking inside of PalmInternals show *real* slowdowns, or just slowdowns doing whatever PI is doing?
    Wow okay.. Here's what I just experimented with.. I started with my typical system, then disabled each hede thing in the list one by one.. Here's how the benchmarking in PI went (and only did each test once, so things might vary, you know..) Formatting will likely get blown away, but should be readable

So anyone explain if this means 'real world' speed improvement by disabling all these, or just benchmarked?

Base : 141s
    Disable Chatter : 135s
    Disable ZLauncher : 88s
    Disable QLaunch : 87s
    Disable Butler : 84s
    Disable KBLights : 48s
    Disable KeyCaps : 3s
    Disable HiLaunch : 1s
    Which Keycaps was it? Original or doomsey's?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Original.. It seems that those numbers can't be read like "disable butler, reduce time by 36s" or anything.. The more there are, the higher the number is.. Like if I just enabled butler, the time would be 4s iirc, I tried a few last night for kicks.. So perhaps they also interact with each other, say (not tested, just example) Butler and ZL QuickLaunch fight and take 45s longer than either would by themselves, etc.

But nobody has said it affects real usage of the Palm though. Speedy doesn't show anything, nothing feels faster with everything disabled.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Try using TreoKeyHack instead? It uses less resources and has more features than KeyCaps. It replaces 2 programs for me!

http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-...ml?TreoKeyHack

Cheers,
    Jacob H.
    Regarding TreoKeyHack, what does the option "Suppress key click" mean? What does this box do?

Thanks, CC.
    Global Posts
    166 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    Regarding TreoKeyHack, what does the option "Suppress key click" mean? What does this box do?

Thanks, CC.
    It makes it so you don't hear a "tick" sound from your treo every time you click something. It turns this sound off. Just a personal preference thing.
    treokeyhack doesnt start on the first letter typed, the system seems to override it on the 1st letter ( the treo make this letter capital, but what if i want a number 1st. then i have to hit alt. or it types E1) has anybody found the cause or a fix for this, i noticed it happens to some but not all.
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    I downloaded TreoKeyHack and YAHM but I can't seem to delete KeyCaps. I tried filez and the system delete but they both refuse. Any sugestions?
    Laissez Faire
    Turn it off first?
    To delete experimental keycaps, you need to either (a) use the Palm launcher, or (b) disable keycaps first.

I've noticed that attempting to delete it with filez tends to break things in such a way that you can't delete it with the palm launcher either, until you soft-reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    treokeyhack doesnt start on the first letter typed, the system seems to override it on the 1st letter ( the treo make this letter capital, but what if i want a number 1st. then i have to hit alt. or it types E1) has anybody found the cause or a fix for this, i noticed it happens to some but not all.
    keycaps doesn't have this bug. You already have butler, which will take care of the volume key mapping; FieldPlus will do the select-using-arrows and is quite a bit better than TreoKeyHack's support for this. And with my changes, both have minimal impact on event processing times.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    keycaps doesn't have this bug. You already have butler, which will take care of the volume key mapping; FieldPlus will do the select-using-arrows and is quite a bit better than TreoKeyHack's support for this. And with my changes, both have minimal impact on event processing times.
    to be totally truthful i dont use the scroll feature or the selecttext feature, hell i only use butler for the leds . But using the keycaps slows down my scroll speed for some reason. plus i kinda like having the options to use these things even if i dont use em. Hell maybe i dont need these things, i was fine with my setup no crashes no nothing then here people go "check out palm internals, hede this, tics that, yatta yatta." then i got to switching this and tweaking that (still no crashes ) now im all confused .

1. does keycaps still show under hede?
    2. if #1 is no, then how is it now done?
    3. does keycaps have anything to do with the scroll speed?(i.e. scrolling through programs using filez or zlauncher)
    4. i really dont need field plus or the scroll feature, i was just being a baby
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    1. does keycaps still show under hede?
    2. if #1 is no, then how is it now done?
    3. does keycaps have anything to do with the scroll speed?(i.e. scrolling through programs using filez or zlauncher)
    4. i really dont need field plus or the scroll feature, i was just being a baby
    1. The new version of keycaps does show up under hede, but it adds only 1-2 seconds to the test time in PalmInternals. Unlike before, when you're not actually using the physical keyboard, it doesn't take any significant amount of time. It actually had slightly less impact on the speed test than TreoKeyHack last time I checked.

By the way, TreoKeyHack does something equivalent to hooking hede. It has to in order to do what it does. It just does it in a way that doesn't show up in the PalmInternals list.

3. Well, it shouldn't change the scroll speed - but it does. Normally it makes it faster, but it depends on the hold-time value you set. Setting a short time will give you fast scrolling (except when it doesn't).

The scroll speed stuff is a bug, but I don't think it's a bug that I added. I'm planning on extending keycaps to have explicit control over scroll speed and delay at some point, but I don't know how long it'll take me to do it.

4. FieldPlus is a really handy piece of software, especially the 'use' option on the shift-center-button menu. Try it sometime.
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast