Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 230
  1. #61  
    doomsey,

    Could you add the blurb in the description of Keycaps650 on your site that lists the delay times associated with the repeat rate? I believe that the repeat rate depends on the value of Delay chosen for the Hold option ... I never have that information handy.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. #62  
    i had been using keycaps650 for a while but since using treokeyhack i wont be going back . my scroll speed is incrediable with treokeyhack installed, i uninstalled it to make sure thats what caused the increase in speed and sure nuff. anyway.....

    damn i forgot, i dont like how treokeyhack doesnt start on the first letter typed, the system seems to override it on the 1st letter ( the treo make this letter capital, but what if i want a number 1st. then i have to hit alt. which defeats the whle purpose of installing the hack . this didnt happen with my beloved keycaps650 ( yeah i know what i said) can this issue please be fixed by somebody? anybody?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  3. #63  
    I tried the patched version on my 650 and after a short time the scroll speed (up, down, and across on web pages is where I saw it primarily) and overall system speed slowed to a crawl. Deleted it and reinstalled the previous version and everything back to normal.

    Anyone else experience that?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  4. #64  
    Regarding scrolling speed, which program are you guys referring to...KeyCaps or TreoKeyHack ?? What I know for certain is that KeyCaps greatly increases scrolling speed for me. My scroll speed is now as fast as my Tungsten C, which is also extremely fast even without KeyCaps. Both the old and new version of KeyCaps speeds up my scrolling speed considerably on my Treo 650.
  5. #65  
    I believe that in Keycaps, the scrolling speed is increased if the Delay value used for the Hold option is below a certain value. In fact, the scolling speed will be fast, medium or slow depending on the Delay value used. The details have been posted here .. but is difficult to locate using the Forum search.

    That's why it would be nice if doomsey would include the info on his site, as that's where most of us go thesedays for keyboard, keyboard lights and many other utilities ....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  6. #66  
    Quote Originally Posted by Franko515
    i had been using keycaps650 for a while but since using treokeyhack i wont be going back . my scroll speed is incrediable with treokeyhack installed, i uninstalled it to make sure thats what caused the increase in speed and sure nuff. anyway.....

    damn i forgot, i dont like how treokeyhack doesnt start on the first letter typed, the system seems to override it on the 1st letter ( the treo make this letter capital, but what if i want a number 1st. then i have to hit alt. which defeats the whle purpose of installing the hack . this didnt happen with my beloved keycaps650 ( yeah i know what i said) can this issue please be fixed by somebody? anybody?
    Where do you have this happen (in what program)? It seems fine for me using memos or adding contacts. Just hold it down and it goes to number or whatever.
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
  7. #67  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Where do you have this happen (in what program)? It seems fine for me using memos or adding contacts. Just hold it down and it goes to number or whatever.
    in memos the first thing i type is always capitalized, if i hold the button it caps the first letter then skips and writes another letter. if i want a # 1st i have to hit alt. then the number
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  8. #68  
    Here are my settings for KeyCaps which gives me blazing saddles scrolling speed:

    Enabled box highlighted

    Box checked for Enable on Reset

    Box checked for Disable In Phone App

    Click - Lower: e

    Timeout - 100ms

    Hold - L->U-O: e->E->1

    Delay - 150ms

    The above settings work great for me.
    -Casey
  9. #69  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I believe that in Keycaps, the scrolling speed is increased if the Delay value used for the Hold option is below a certain value. In fact, the scolling speed will be fast, medium or slow depending on the Delay value used. The details have been posted here .. but is difficult to locate using the Forum search.

    That's why it would be nice if doomsey would include the info on his site, as that's where most of us go thesedays for keyboard, keyboard lights and many other utilities ....
    That's probably my issue, will try again...

    EDIT: Looking better now!
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  10. #70  
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    Plus next. I think I know how to make it not slow things down quite so much, but it's not going to be pretty...
    I have FieldsPlus installed but I rarely use it, always forget about it in fact.. But I'm curious where do the slowdowns show up?

    I might as well uninstall it, might have to look at the zip file to see if says how to do so, don't want to just delete it and screw things up.
  11. #71  
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I believe that in Keycaps, the scrolling speed is increased if the Delay value used for the Hold option is below a certain value. In fact, the scolling speed will be fast, medium or slow depending on the Delay value used. The details have been posted here .. but is difficult to locate using the Forum search.

    That's why it would be nice if doomsey would include the info on his site, as that's where most of us go thesedays for keyboard, keyboard lights and many other utilities ....
    worked for me also (playing with the options to increase scroll speed) . still doesnt scroll as fast as treokeyhack but its fast enough. i never use the scroll feature or selecting text anyway but it is nice to have em, so i may swith back to the hack if i can resolve my problem with it not typing the first letter the way i want it to (1st letter is caps then the next letter goes ie. T>3, so if i want a 3 1st i have to press alt.)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  12. #72  
    Go to Butler program and the K Launch menu. Change the zero to 1 on the KeyCaps600 Users Only section. The quicklaunch buttons work fine for me now.
  13. #73  
    Quote Originally Posted by TheTreoGuy
    Where do you have this happen (in what program)? It seems fine for me using memos or adding contacts. Just hold it down and it goes to number or whatever.
    I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but in Mail, after you type a period, it autocaps the first letter, so if you want to type a number, say '1,' after a period you end up with 'E1'
  14. #74  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy
    I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but in Mail, after you type a period, it autocaps the first letter, so if you want to type a number, say '1,' after a period you end up with 'E1'
    same problem, does it do the same thing if you try to type a memo? (the first thing u type turns to caps)
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

    Palm Pre (Sprint)
  15. #75  
    Attention Doomsey

    Quote form Jeff Gibson: I have been getting reports form users via PM that the 'hede' modified programs they are running are causing many problems. I wonder if you are running any of those programs? Just as an FYI, running these modified programs is very dangerious and I am starting to see evidence of increased Treo instability from these programs.

    Originally Posted by aprasad
    Have you seen problems with the version of Keycaps650 as modified by doomsey?

    That is the only one that I am running that fits the description ....
    That is one that I have been specifically told about - yes.


    Doomsey,

    Can you verify that your patched version of keycaps is indeed causing instability to the treo 650?
  16. kronium's Avatar
    Posts
    134 Posts
    Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    #76  
    What kind of problems? Running fine for me.
  17. #77  
    I'm not a major power user, but doomsey's keycaps and latest 2day has not made my Treo unstable (slowdowns, resets).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  18. #78  
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    Can you verify that your patched version of keycaps is indeed causing instability to the treo 650?
    Nope, I can't. How would I? All I can say is I haven't noticed any problems on my own.
  19. #79  
    As I posted above, at times my scroll speed would slow down significantly, and other times it would be fine. I thought it had to do with the settings in keycaps so I lowered them down to 150ms and 100ms respectively. Really fast scrolling...for a while...then it slows down again for a while..then it speeds up again...so I think something definitely is going on with it...nothing else new has been installed.
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

    "95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  20. #80  
    I had the same problem with the patched keycaps, I went back to the original keycaps. doomsey, thank you for trying to help, your work brought attention back to this issue.
    Treoing & Loving it
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions