Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    My version is the same as metsfan's except performance improvements. It will suffer the same problems.

I don't know about the YAHM version, but it appears to be based on metsfan's as well so is likely to once again have the same problems.

I have a few ideas for potential workarounds, though.
    Like the YAHM hack, but if you have docs2go, make sure you have the hack turned off during hotsync.

Also, anyone notice that when using Mail, the auto caps after a period feature in the app seems to negatively interact with it? I always end up with double letters....
    ok, another new version of keycaps:
    * reduced overhead on the specific case benchmarked by the Speed Test
    * fixed phone incoming call bug
    * fixed Alt and 0 weirdness on T650

Please let me know of any problems, especially on a Treo 600 as I can't test that code.

http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey

Please let me know of any problems, especially on a Treo 600 as I can't test that code.

Great update!

Could you add a color icon to this app? The black dot looks too plain.

Thanks,

Al
    Ok, i installed the your pathced version, the speed is much better. But under hede in palminternals now I have the following entry (even after soft reset) m68k 64540FC0
    Treoing & Loving it
    Quote Originally Posted by gt5l
    Ok, i installed the your pathced version, the speed is much better. But under hede in palminternals now I have the following entry (even after soft reset) m68k 64540FC0
    That's normal; keycaps can't operate without hooking the event queue, but this version hooks it in a different way resulting in that notation and greatly improved speed.
    Doomsey,

Great work on the bug fixes! Plus it only added a second to my current setup.
    What are the best settings for keycaps on a treo650? is default ok?
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Does the YAHM version address the favorites/speed dial issue that KeyCaps600 has? What about your version, doomsey?

The bug is as follows: if the phone app is entered via an incoming phone call, speed dial/favorites buttons will not work (but will work if you exit from the phone app--if you have Butler's KLaunch function enabled--or you enter the phone app by pressing the phone button).

This is the main issue why many of us have not been using this amazing little app on our T650s. Thanks, for giving us an update on your status, metsfan.
    The YAHM version has been reported by some MTDN members as allowing Butler phone/Web favorites to work again on their 650s.

Very glad to have them working on my 600, oh so glad, oh so glad....
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker
    Does the YAHM version address the favorites/speed dial issue that KeyCaps600 has? What about your version, doomsey?

The bug is as follows: if the phone app is entered via an incoming phone call, speed dial/favorites buttons will not work (but will work if you exit from the phone app--if you have Butler's KLaunch function enabled--or you enter the phone app by pressing the phone button).

This is the main issue why many of us have not been using this amazing little app on our T650s. Thanks, for giving us an update on your status, metsfan.
    Oh D@mn! I'm glad I came across this thread! This solved a mystery I had for why my favorite/speed dial buttons don't work. When I disable KeyCaps, my programmed speed dial buttons work again! I thought the problem was created when I upgraded to the new Sprint 1.12 firmware.

If I read the rest of this thread correctly, there is no fix for this problem?? I would love to have my Speed Dial buttons work again while KeyCaps is enabled.

Will the new version of KepCaps (650) allow for Speed Dial buttons to work?

Thanks, CC.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    If I read the rest of this thread correctly, there is no fix for this problem?? I would love to have my Speed Dial buttons work again while KeyCaps is enabled.
    If you use the version of keycaps I just posted, and check the 'Disable in phone app' option on the setup page, the speed dial buttons should work correctly.
    doomsey,
    Could you please change the icon and the display name on the pathced version. Something simple would work for me.
    Treoing & Loving it
    doomsey:

Thank you! I encountered a few issues with the YAHM software, but so far your improvements to the original keycaps seem flawless. Thank you again.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Neeeeeever mind! I figured it out. I had to Check the box "Disable In Phone App" in the KeyCaps600 menu. Now my Speed Dial buttons work again, at the same time, KeyCaps works too! Okay, now all is right with the world again!!
    If you use the version of keycaps I just posted, and check the 'Disable in phone app' option on the setup page, the speed dial buttons should work correctly.
    Doomsey,

Thank you soooooooo much!!! This program is truly great!! Very useful...and now everything works right again!! I'm too happy!!

-Casey
    I seem to be having problems downloading this new version. I delete KeyCaps from my 650 but when I download the modified version from the link above I get a message a copy already exists. I choose overwrite the existing version. When I open the application's About it says..."KeyCaps600", no Revision info and the option settings & speeds are the same as what I had in the old version.

How can I tell if I've successfully downloaded and installed this more efficient version?
    Quote Originally Posted by slorandy
    I seem to be having problems downloading this new version. I delete KeyCaps from my 650 but when I download the modified version from the link above I get a message a copy already exists. I choose overwrite the existing version. When I open the application's About it says..."KeyCaps600", no Revision info and the option settings & speeds are the same as what I had in the old version.

How can I tell if I've successfully downloaded and installed this more efficient version?
    See post number 54, that's why I asked to modify the name and icon
    Treoing & Loving it
    I'm also having a bit of a time getting this long awaited modified KeyCaps600 (thank you doomsey!) working on my T600...

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...&postcount=133

How do I verify that I have your version running?
    Is there any indication in version # or in Program info?

You should add your name to the credits page ... You deserve it!!
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    How do I verify that I have your version running?
    Is there any indication in version # or in Program info?

You should add your name to the credits page ... You deserve it!!
    Heh, I haven't gotten around to any of that. I probably should The only way to tell right now is to check for the incoming call bug or with PalmInternals, I'm afraid.

I'm going to work on FieldPlus next. I think I know how to make it not slow things down quite so much, but it's not going to be pretty...
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast