Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112
    I have System and Game volumes set to Off in Sounds. I don't get the clicks.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Suppressing keyclicks is difficult to do without a hack, and very easy with a hack. I don't plan on adding it to keycaps.

However, there is a hack that only removes the keyclicks, and doesn't do anything else.
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...1&prodID=43160
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    So - question.

Is it worth my time to implement a proper exclusion list for Keycaps? I can special-case Takephone, but this seems unclean. Is there anything else that anyone would want an exclusion for?

If no one can think of anything, it's probably not worth the effort to implement an exclusion list. But let me know what you think.

I think I figured out how to work around the Java bug that's causing FieldPlus and Keycaps (with 'detect autocomplete' enabled) to crash Java, by the way. I want to play with the patched versions for a bit before I make them available, but they're coming.
    I would like to try keycaps with an exclusion list.
    Quote Originally Posted by rigo
    I would like to try keycaps with an exclusion list.
    What I really want to know is what you would like to exclude, and why.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    What I really want to know is what you would like to exclude, and why.
    Maybe Pics&Videos to see if it improves the lag, then again I know that this modified version is not supposed to slow down the performance much.
    Doomsey, the site http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm is not accessible.

Something wrong ?

rgds
    Idian
    re: website not working, it works fine for me but I've heard of other people being mysteriously unable to access it. There's not much I can do about it, though.

I put up a beta of a bugfix release of KeyCaps, and of the FieldPlus notifier as well.

The main reason for this update is to fix a frustrating, longstanding bug that causes random crashes in Java applications when you hit a key. I *think* this is gone, and I hope that the detection approach that I use won't cause any problems in any other applications. But I need people to test for me. If you use Java applications, please install the beta versions of these applications and let me know if it reduces crashiness.

Remember that the FieldPlus notifier needs to be deleted before a new version is installed.

I also fixed two other KeyCaps bugs - the zero key is handled better in click mode (if you double-tap it, you only get one zero and not two), and the repeat rate is properly set even if both Hold and Click mode is disabled. I have *not* implemented an exclusion list or detection for TakePhone. Something along these lines is coming, but not immediately.

http://www.nekito.net/~sachs/palm
    What about an option of keeping the sequence going if we hold the key too long?

I guess my reflexes must be worse than others'. If I overshoot, I have to delete the character and start all over again. Major bummer.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    What about an option of keeping the sequence going if we hold the key too long?

I guess my reflexes must be worse than others'. If I overshoot, I have to delete the character and start all over again. Major bummer.
    The code's kind of a disaster, and as a result that's not really something that can be implemented quickly or without thought. I might do it eventually, but it'll probably be a while -- certainly not until after I do something about TakePhone.
    I have tried KeyCaps a few times and everytime its the same thing. I check the box to disable in phone app and it ignores the command. So all my speedials stop working cause they are double clicking each time. I uninstall KeyCaps everytime I try it. Even does it wafter a hard reset, so I am not sure... But when I go into Keycaps and turn off disable in phone app and then turn it back on, it works! Doesnt make sense.

I have alot of quick keys for different numbers and losing that for KeyCaps wasnt worth it.

Sprint PCS user since 1999

-=-=-
    Palm IIIC -> Palm M100 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 755P
    Do I count as a Palm addict if I still have my original Palm IIIC?
    -=-=-
    Praise is what I do...
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2789101112