Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    I don't like the number 13, badluck you know ;-) Thanks , it now works perfectly.
    in celebration of the 13th, I put up 0.9b14. (It fixes an obscure bug, too.)
    hahaha! I really did LOL.

What's the obscure bug? Do you suggest I upgrade ?
    0.9b14 bugfix for problem with deleting an extra character when Detect Autocomplete is enabled

... the conditions that triggered the bug were pretty rare; I used it for weeks without noticing it.
    New to this discussion, but old to KC600.

Thanks for all the great fixes and features. Much better than ever. There is a long-standing bug that occurs in DateBK5 (all applets), wherein KC600 enters either corrupt data, backspaces text when a key is held, or both. The bug only occurs when KC600 is configured for L->U->O:e->E->1 or L->O->U:e->1->E. Any chance this can be smoothed out?
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    There is a long-standing bug that occurs in DateBK5 (all applets), wherein KC600 enters either corrupt data, backspaces text when a key is held, or both. The bug only occurs when KC600 is configured for L->U->O:e->E->1 or L->O->U:e->1->E. Any chance this can be smoothed out?
    I installed DateBK5 on my Treo, and I couldn't duplicate any odd behavior. You'll have to give me more detailed instructions on how to duplicate the problems in order for me to be able to help you.
    Quote Originally Posted by doomsey
    I installed DateBK5 on my Treo, and I couldn't duplicate any odd behavior. You'll have to give me more detailed instructions on how to duplicate the problems in order for me to be able to help you.
    Hmmm, I just updated to 0.9b14 and do not see this behavior anymore. Odd. Maybe some of the other issues you've addressed somehow got this one, too?

Minor request: Can the about dialog contain the version number? It would be helpful to see it there without having to go to the native launcher and get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by elysian9
    Minor request: Can the about dialog contain the version number? It would be helpful to see it there without having to go to the native launcher and get it.
    You can get the version information by hitting Menu-I in the launcher and clicking on "version." I haven't added the information to the about screen because if I did, I'd forget to update it, and wrong information is worse than no information at all!
    Hey Doomsey,

I've discovered a conflict between Keycaps and Ringo that breaks the functionality of handsfree bluetooth connections. Read about it here: http://discuss.treocentral.com/showt...004#post805004

I will be emailing the authors of Ringo a link to that thread as well. I know you didn't write Keycaps, but maybe you can help identify the true cause of this bug.
    Any news doomsey? Its been quiet lately.
    Nope - haven't been working on it. As far as I know, there's nothing to do. The only thing left that would make sense to add is better support for shortcuts, but that'd require quite a bit of effort and I have no immediate plans to work on this.

After a few weeks of no problem reports I decided rename 0.9b14 to 0.9. There's no other difference between these versions, so no reason to upgrade.
    doomsey,

Can you check this out? I saw it over at the TakePhone forum.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by hoovs
    Shimon,

I've been experiencing some issues I believe are related to KeyCaps600 within TAKEphONE. When I dial three repeat numbers (typically toll-free 1-888 numbers) I hear the three DTMF tones but it only displays two digits. And when I send it only dials the two repeat digits--which throws the whole number off.

I do have disable in phone checked but I don't know if this also works for TAKEphONE.

Does this sound familiar?

Thanks.

Hi,

Well - I heard about similar issues in the past.
    Nothing much I can do here - seems KeyCaps does something here.
    What if you dial them SLOOOOWWWWLLLYYY ?

Anyway - maybe ask the KeyCaps developer to add a "Disable in TAKEphONE" option, too.
    shimon@shsh.com
    Quote Originally Posted by MFB
    doomsey,

Can you check this out? I saw it over at the TakePhone forum.
    Yes, I too would appreciate any help. I thought about asking but I know this is your hacked version and you're not the original developer. I guess I didin't want to look a gift-horse in the mouth.

I'll look at it when I have a chance.

But I haven't had a chance lately. Been swamped. There's a long list of things I want to fix that I just haven't gotten to...

should add that it never hurts to ask; I really do want to fix these problems and I *will* get to it sometime. But not now. :-/

(keycaps: java conflict that results in crashing in opera done. eat double-tap of zero in double-click mode done. check double-tap in takephone. fix repeat rates when 'hold' is disabled done. keyshades: fix turning-on-when-brightness-is-changed bug done fieldsplus: fix java conflict that makes it crash in opera done.)
    Last edited by doomsey; 03/09/2006 at 01:43 PM.
    We'll be waiting patiently... : )
    Tell me when you are taking requests for new features :-)

Keycaps: I would prefer that on holding down the buttons, the cycling (e.g. a->A->&) continue instead of stopping. In that case, I can keep holding down the button if I "overshoot" (end up with & when I wanted an A).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Thanks Doomsey!
    So - question.

Is it worth my time to implement a proper exclusion list for Keycaps? I can special-case Takephone, but this seems unclean. Is there anything else that anyone would want an exclusion for?

If no one can think of anything, it's probably not worth the effort to implement an exclusion list. But let me know what you think.

I think I figured out how to work around the Java bug that's causing FieldPlus and Keycaps (with 'detect autocomplete' enabled) to crash Java, by the way. I want to play with the patched versions for a bit before I make them available, but they're coming.
    I discovered KeyCaps600 a few days into my Treo 650. Now I cannot do without it.

It's perfect.

And I don't think any enhancements are required now. I also feel that aprasad's
    "overshoot" idea may not be very useful. Maybe it can be another configurable
    setting?

- mvk
    Game over!
    It is indeed a great utility. I'm surprised that Palm didn't include this as a part of the OS.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I don't know if other people already requested or not. Can Keycaps600 remove the click sound of keyboard, like in treoTextHack? It's a very nice feature. The only reason I uninstalled keycaps600 and chosed treoTextHack + hackmaster is because of the disturbing tap or click sound.
    Treo 750 unbranded T-mobile, HTC WIZARD 8125 T-MOBILE (broken), Treo 650 T-mobile 1.43/1.14 OS 5.4.8 Garnet (sold).
    Dell X50v, X30 624Mhz and HP ipaq h2210 h1945.

Treo 750 hacks thread.
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast