Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Would there be anybody that would support the investigation into a possible class action filing against Cingular for knowingly shipping a defective product? They are shipping the Treo 650 with known problems, yet they refuse to do anything except send you a replacement Treo which has the same known problems. I asked for a new phone after 90 days and they said that I was under contract and they would not offer me any other alternative. Comments?
    next.....
    treo 650: on my hand nya nya nya!
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    I can't think of any piece of technology I have purchased that hasn't had "problems"... Does that mean I should sue every company that comes out with new technology that has bugs? Give me a break!

Cingular/Palm should be releasing new firmware soon to correct some of these "problems". Until then, try not to get your panties into a wad!
  4. GXX
    Give me a break, don't become sue happy.
  5.    #5  
    Why should I have to sit by and let Cingular keep shipping me another problem? I just want a phone that works consistantly. I know many people that are on their 3rd or 4th replacements and they still have problems. None of the cell phones that I have had in my life have need to be replaced and they all worked fine. In 10 years I have only had one problem with a Palm device, and they replaced it immediately with one that worked?? I have had 4 different Palms dating back to the very first one.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    First off, it's not Cingular's product, its PalmOne's. So if you’re going to sue anybody, sue the manufacturer--PalmOne.

Second, you have a really REALLY weak case. Come on man! Every time you've had a problem they have been good and replaced the phone. If you're still having problems, you know that they'll be releasing new firmware soon that very likely will clear up the rest of your "problems".

Sell the thing and get a phone you like. It's not like you didn't have a 30 day trial. Good grief! What is this world coming to?
    Lord knows if everyone jumped on the class-action lawsuit for a defective product Microsoft would have been squashed long ago and american-made cars would cease to exist.

Do some more research before you start screaming at your laywer, there are many work-arounds and free 3rd party products that significantly increase the stability of the phone....or....bog down our court systems with more BS lawsuits and continue to feed the inhuman venom spitting leeches with money.
  8.    #8  
    You are right, let me wait for some firmware the will LIKELY clear up my problems. That is a great solution. The blind follow the blind. It is Cingular's policy and support of their customer's that is the problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    Why should I have to sit by and let Cingular keep shipping me another problem? I just want a phone that works consistantly. I know many people that are on their 3rd or 4th replacements and they still have problems. None of the cell phones that I have had in my life have need to be replaced and they all worked fine. In 10 years I have only had one problem with a Palm device, and they replaced it immediately with one that worked?? I have had 4 different Palms dating back to the very first one.
    ...to answer your original question, no. People who want to sue Palm over the Treo get banned from these boards*ahem...tundy...cough...cough and it was deservedly so.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
    You are right, let me wait for some firmware the will LIKELY clear up my problems. That is a great solution. The blind follow the blind. It is Cingular's policy and support of their customer's that is the problem.
    ...what problems are you having? Maybe we can help. I'm on my second one, and the only reason is because the first one went swimming. I have zero problems that aren't easily solved.
    It'll be fun.
    The first thing I would do, if I were you (seeing as how I have a rock-solid Treo 650, so I actually have room to talk) is I would first leave my virtual ****** at home, quit being a crying little child, and get off my f'n arse and search the forum and do research gasp!.

Or you could continue your fruitless ranting and raving attempting to drum up a loose following on people crying and pissing and chanting "Who do we sue?!?".

Based on your beliefs on Cingulars customer service policy/etc, and your false belief that the problems lie with the hardware of the phone itself, not the overlying OS, you should probably take the phone back and get your money back. I see you are of the "spoon-fed me" bunch.

You're new here, so let me assist you in your search for stability.

dbCache Tool
    Filez
    Shadowmite

Now, please don't be a troll, lest we spray some troll-be-gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    The first thing I would do, if I were you (seeing as how I have a rock-solid Treo 650, so I actually have room to talk) is I would first leave my virtual ****** at home, quit being a crying little child, and get off my f'n arse and search the forum and do research gasp!.

Or you could continue your fruitless ranting and raving attempting to drum up a loose following on people crying and pissing and chanting "Who do we sue?!?".

Based on your beliefs on Cingulars customer service policy/etc, and your false belief that the problems lie with the hardware of the phone itself, not the overlying OS, you should probably take the phone back and get your money back. I see you are of the "spoon-fed me" bunch.

You're new here, so let me assist you in your search for stability.

dbCache Tool
    Filez
    Shadowmite

Now, please don't be a troll, lest we spray some troll-be-gone.

Ouch. Harsh words from a harsh man.
    It'll be fun.
    Global Posts
    577 Global Posts
    ^ Yeah evilghost, DrDoom was trying to be nice...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ...what problems are you having? Maybe we can help. I'm on my second one, and the only reason is because the first one went swimming. I have zero problems that aren't easily solved.
    I find it funny that not one person has jumped on Shatter's lawsuit plan

I'm sorry to break it to ya Shatter, but you've come to the wrong place find sympathy. I would suggest trolling somewhere else.
    it all started with that woman who sued mcdonalds for the coffee that was too hot....
    Can we sue the cell phone companies for shipping radioactive products?
    Can we sue the oil companies or the cars makers because the cars are causing polution?
    Can we sue the housing developers or lumber companies because they are depleting the forests?
    Can we sue the beer brewers because of all the alcohol related car accidents?
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Would there be anybody that would support the investigation into a possible class action filing against Cingular for knowingly shipping a defective product? They are shipping the Treo 650 with known problems, yet they refuse to do anything except send you a replacement Treo which has the same known problems. I asked for a new phone after 90 days and they said that I was under contract and they would not offer me any other alternative. Comments?
    Hey somebody already thought of the idea. DO A SEARCH. I believe that case got nowhere. So to you I say, Good Day Sir.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    i'll jump on! i think a class action lawsuit is just what's needed. palm shipped a defective device and they knew it. and they will do it again and again unless they are slapped with something that makes them and their stockholders sit up and take notice. it's not sue happy, it's a seriously defective device. and furthermore, they lied about the memory (less user memory than was stated) and failed to provide a fix after over 6 months. you can jump all over me, but this is not like Microsoft (and i'm no fan of thiers, i'm a mac user). To say the Treo 650 doesn't have serious stability issues is just ignoring the obvious.

klowy
  18. Lew
    Can we sue the cell phone companies for shipping radioactive products?

Only if you want to get laughed at in court. When the defense explains the difference between ionizing radiation and electromagnetic radiation and how they're two completely different things that just happen to share the word "radiation", the judge would throw you out with instructions to do a bit more research next time.

Without electromagnetic radiation you have no light, no tv, no radio, no cellphones, no Wifi, no bluetooth, etc.
    Shipping a defective product, even if known, is NOT illegal in any way with no safety issue involved.

Since the company involved is willing to exchange equipment as many times as it takes until you get one that is working, there is no real civil case either.

Sorry. It might be possible to get them fined (or something) under consumer protection laws, but probably not.

Waste of time.
    Quote Originally Posted by westronic
    Shipping a defective product, even if known, is NOT illegal in any way with no safety issue involved.

Since the company involved is willing to exchange equipment as many times as it takes until you get one that is working, there is no real civil case either.

Sorry. It might be possible to get them fined (or something) under consumer protection laws, but probably not.

Waste of time.
    I don't like what you said, therefore, I am suing you. Who will jump on my class-action lawsuit with me?

Death to the infidel.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast