Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I think some of these problems are the exception and not the rule. I have a Treo 650 from Cingular and have no problems. I am an average user that does not push the phone to its outer most limits and am very happy with its performance.
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I think some of these problems are the exception and not the rule. I have a Treo 650 from Cingular and have no problems. I am an average user that does not push the phone to its outer most limits and am very happy with its performance.
    I have had the same experience. I got my Treo 650 from Cingular back in February. It has been a thoroughly enjoyable experience since then. The only problem I have had is the NVFS block size issue. But, then again, I guess that really can't be considered a problem to complain about, since anyone who did research on the T650 (I would hope most do that before buying a phone in that price range) would have known of the block size issue before Cingular even released it.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I don't like what you said, therefore, I am suing you. Who will jump on my class-action lawsuit with me?

Death to the infidel.

Afterall, we're only human...we're not responsible for our own actions are we?

Some one else made us do it...they made me buy this Treo cellphone...I had no personal choice in the matter. Everyone else was getting one...the peer pressure was too great...I didn't want to be left out or left behind. it's not my fault. Besides ALL the other phones available work just like they should ALL the time and never ever have ANY problems, right?
    How many threads are needed by Shatter to ***** about Cingular? I say we donate tissue.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    Afterall, we're only human...we're not responsible for our own actions are we?

Some one else made us do it...they made me buy this Treo cellphone...I had no personal choice in the matter. Everyone else was getting one...the peer pressure was too great...I didn't want to be left out or left behind. it's not my fault. Besides ALL the other phones available work just like they should ALL the time and never ever have ANY problems, right?
    I know I've never had unexplained computer problems or problems with technology. Additionally, I fail to understand the reason for firmware, software, and security updates, because if a company is releasing a product, it should be perfect. Automobile recalls, service packs, Windows Updates, and firmware upgrades never address any bugs or lack of advertised functionality, instead, they only deliver new cutting edge features that are a bonus.

And I've never had a dropped call either. The signal is always perfect. I mean, OMFG, after all, I purchased this phone and they advertised Nationwide coverage so it should work everywhere.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    How many threads are needed by Shatter to ***** about Cingular? I say we donate tissue.
    Could it be that he typo'd on his name when registering? Instead of "shatter" perhaps he typo'd the a with an i?
    Oh man. I can't believe i just read all those worthless posts. I should have quit after page one. I'm gonna get fired one day cuzza this krap
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus

Exactly what I wondered. Should be some kinda one thread per whine limit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatter
    The blind follow the blind.
    Yep, as klowy so nicely proved...
    Quote Originally Posted by klowy
    i'll jump on! i think a class action lawsuit is just what's needed. palm shipped a defective device and they knew it. and they will do it again and again unless they are slapped with something that makes them and their stockholders sit up and take notice. it's not sue happy, it's a seriously defective device. and furthermore, they lied about the memory (less user memory than was stated) and failed to provide a fix after over 6 months.
    Who's gonna drive this train, Stevie Wonder?
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    I don't like what you said, therefore, I am suing you. Who will jump on my class-action lawsuit with me?

Death to the infidel.
    I don't like that you don't like what westronic said!! Therefore, I see your suit, and raise one of my own against you!

Sign my petition!!!one1!

If you don't, I shall sue you too!

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am going to sue the OP of this thread for the 5 minutes of my life that I spent reading it. I could have made millions, but NooOOOooo....I was stuck reading this train wreck.

Sorry...sarcasm kicked it again
    Out of the box it's a good phone and a great PDA. It only gets shakey when we add too many programs written for older/other palm devices. Memory was an issue -but that's fixed.

Grow Up!
  13. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145
    Oh man. I can't believe i just read all those worthless posts. I should have quit after page one. I'm gonna get fired one day cuzza this krap
    This is classic!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by pentatonic145
    Don't worry, once that happens just sue TC for allowing you to read the posts.
    Screw that, I'm suing Al Gore for inventing this whole damn Internet thing!

You know what?...

Screw this, I'm going straight to the source. I think I'm simply going to sue the creator of our universe for creating arseholes that cause us grief.
    Folks,

I think we can all agree that the original posters claims are ridiculous.

But I am going to stick up for him here. The GSM 650 has tons of problems. Cingular's network is having tons of problems. Cingular and Palm One have not released any new firmware.

I came from Sprint using a 600, and the experience I have had with the 650 on Cingular is terrible:

1) You drop calls all the time when in good coverage areas.
    2) The phone locks up or "freezes" often when trying to make or receive a call.
    3) If you came from a 600, you can't even load the same apps because many don't work, and you run out of memory.

The overall user experience is terrible with the 650 and Cingular.

Many will say that you had 30 days to test it, and that's fine. But you get your first bill after the 30 day period. My first bill was $977 because things that the rep said were included were not.

In my case they reversed the charges, but I was told the $39 "unlimited PDA" plan would include everything. This plan is way more than the $15 that Sprint charges.

Cingular charges for every incoming text message -- I use Seven and got all that "push e-mail" for free with Sprint. It is sent to your device using SMS text messages which Cingular charges you for.

That unlimited PDA connect plan also doesn't cover "picture mail" which uses the same connection. That was all included with Sprintís ďVision PlanĒ. When I bought the phone on Cingular, the rep said it was all included. Geeze $15 on Sprint vs. $40 on Cingular and after my first bill I realize the true charges.

To summarize, I donít think that Cingular is doing anything illegal, but it has been a horrible experience thus far. I would take my Sprint 600 back in a heartbeat. Having a GSM 650 on Cingular is a miserable experience. The 650 doesnít function well as a phone because of the lockups. As a PDA, I would take the 600 back because of the memory problems. As for the billing, I donít have the time to get $900 phone bills and then wait on hold to get them resolved.

Palm One and Cingular could do a lot better.

Glenn
    If someone has taken the time to check out TC for any period of time, then they should have known of the problems with the 650. If you buy it after all that and you keep it past the trial period, then why do you complain?

Don't buy it (I havent and I wont). For most users, the 650 will take some work to get it working right they way you want. If you dont want to do the work, then dont buy it.
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    If someone has taken the time to check out TC for any period of time, then they should have known of the problems with the 650. If you buy it after all that and you keep it past the trial period, then why do you complain?

Don't buy it (I havent and I wont). For most users, the 650 will take some work to get it working right they way you want. If you dont want to do the work, then dont buy it.
    Ummmm, go away!!! You're making too much sense. (And coming from a Marine no less!)

Dear Mods:

Once and for all, could we just start a sticky thread entitled "All Treos Are a POS" and merge all trolling bozo complaining threads into it as they are spawned (or when they morph into one)?

That way, all the bellyaching insufferable bores will have a place to nest and litter the thread with their interminable droppings, and all of us intolerant sob Palm slaves (yeah - me, evilghost, insertion, etc - the regular fighters) can move on with posing and solving the real questions of the Cosmos.

It's less harsh than Swift's Modest Proposal (although, we could entertain that as an alternative for the whiners).
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast