1.    #1  
    I recently got a new work laptop that I have been trying to sync to. My Outlook calendar stuff sync'ed up once but since then nothing copies to my Treo. I've tried checking and unchecking all the boxes in the options for sync: multiple PCs, etc. Any ideas? Please help!!
    What does it do when you hotsync? Have you looked at the hotsync log on the treo?

Depending on what you come up with for that, you might have it override everything on your treo (assuming any updates you have made have been on your outlook on your laptop) and then hotsync again. If it gets through that, then you might have it sync both ways and see what happens.

BTW-its not syncing with the palm desktop instead of the outlook is it?
  3.    #3  
    The hot sync is successful and contacts sync with no problem. The log looks fine on both the PC and Treo and it isn't syncing to the Palm desktop. I've tried to have it over write with the desktop (not sync) and I get an empty calendar but still get synced tasks and contacts...
    WHats the Outlook Ver. you are using?
    Control Life from Your Pocket
  5.    #5  
    It is Outlook 2003.
    I recently had to Hard Reset my 650 and ReInstall the palm Desktop. (Eight years of data and upgrades and now th desktop/data is not as compatible as the legacy Palm devices.) When I reinstalled the Desktop it offerred to also sync with Outlook 2003. I thought why not if I could sync to both I might eventually begin migrating to Outlook. Well to my surprise, it only syncs with Outlook now, not the Palm Desktop. Q: How do I sync to both? Outlook still confuses me. Q2: How do I migrate back to the Palm Desktop if I can not sync to both?
  7.    #7  
    I've been spending a long time trying to get this to work and have narrowed the problem down some.

• Only the calendar will not sync: tasks, contacts, etc. all sync with Outlook fine
    • When I look at the HotSync Manager it always shows Calendar as "Do Nothing." I change this to Overwrite from Desktop or Synchronize and it still doesn't work
    • When I look at the HotSync manager after the above, it has always re-defaulted to Do Nothing even though I chose "set as default" for my new setting
    • Eventually I started to get this error everytime I try to change the calendar syncing option:
      The instruction at "0x0042d94f" referenced memory at "0x00000008". The meory could not be "read".

Click OK to terminate the program
      Click cancel to debug the program
    • I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Palm software on the machine, hard reset, etc.

Any thoughts?????? Thank you!
    What (if any) error do you get on the HotSync log?
  9.    #9  
    None at all - even says Outlook Calendar OK. :-S
    Are you using the latest version 1.02 of the Outlook conduits? off of Palm One web site?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Global Posts
    28 Global Posts
    I have a machine with exactly the same issue but thats running Outlook XP.
    Quote Originally Posted by spa_girl
    Only the calendar will not sync: tasks, contacts, etc. all sync with Outlook fine
    • When I look at the HotSync Manager it always shows Calendar as "Do Nothing." I change this to Overwrite from Desktop or Synchronize and it still doesn't work
    Are you using ActiveExchange to get your email remotely? or did you setup that up at any point? When you use ActiveExchange it automatically sets the Calendar to do nothing since it is supposed to sync mail and calendar (to handle meeting requests mostly) via Versamail.

If you aren't using anymore, try deleting the Versamail ActiveExchange setup.
  13.    #13  
    That was it!! Thank you so much for your help! Is there a way to configure that email account to get my email only but not affect my calendar etc?
    There isn't any way if you are using ActiveExchange. If you can get your email by other means, then you can sync directly w/outlook.
    I'm having the same problem now.... How do I undo this? I applied the EAS update for the Centro to my Treo yesterday trying to fix a problem. It didn't fix the problem and I've gotten Chatter working again for my exchange account. However, now I can't get calendar or contacts to synch via hotsync. What do I need to do? What do I need to delete? Help please! Thanks.