Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I wouldn't force the charge discharge cycles...just let it go through it's normal usage. It will eventually figure out the battery capacity. To charge the extra battery you need the Palm charge cradle which includes a slot for a bare battery.
    Sorry to bring this thread out of cold storage....

1. I've search all around and I assume that Li Ion is the only vendor for the parent company of Mugen to carry these 2200mah batts in North America?

Anyone else find otherwise recently?

2. its argued that the 2200 is only a 16% increase in cell capacity difference over the OEM, and that the cost differential (I just saw OEM's on fleabay go for just north of $20 delivered) comparied to Li Ion's $60+sh for the extra 36% runtime comes down to simple economics to some...

But for those of us that the extra 36% runtime (from the 1st post in the thread) means NOT having to tote that extra 1900 OEM to make it through a normal day without having to swap, my question is... are you still seeing that extra run time given you have probably put enough usage into those cells by now? (you can factor that yes, cells naturally degrade over time if you need to)

TIA
    Will this Sedio charger work on this extended battery?
    http://store.treocentral.com/content.../8-37--382.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    factorydirectcellular.com

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS. These guys are thieves. Finally sent them the battery back a while ago for an exchange, but never got a response or email or anything and there is no number to call, just email which they never respond to except for automated BS...
    did you get a response from the above mentioned company? just curious
    The weather in Richmond, B.C. is

The weather in MY Place is

For Car and Pictures Enthusiast!
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cars
    http://www.ngkhai.net/cebupics
    With the Treo 700w due any day now I emailed Lion Battery to confirm their 2200 mAh battery HLI-T650 will work in the new Treo 700w. I have used another Mugen Power battery from them in my HP hw6515 and it was a big benefit.

Also any update on the Sedio battery charger working with this battery?
    fyi...Seidio recently released a 2200MaH battery for the 650/700 which is significantly less $$$ than the Lion ($30)...I think they also bundle it with their charger if you want both. I've been using it with my T650 for a month and it works great.

www.seidioonline.com
    Can anyone compare this one to the Sedio battery?
    Dunno if it's normal, but with this Seidio high capacity battery it always goes from 100% to 99% a second or two after it has been fully charged and I have unplugged the charger. Is that normal?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Dunno if it's normal, but with this Seidio high capacity battery it always goes from 100% to 99% a second or two after it has been fully charged and I have unplugged the charger. Is that normal?
    I assume that's just a function of the way the treo calculates and rounds capacity. My OEM battery does the same thing...I think of it as you are only at 100% until you pull the plug...then you are at 99.xxxxxxxx and the treo is rounding

I'm getting right about 20% extra battery duration with the Seidio (which equates closely too how much extra capacity a 1200mAh battery has over the OEM)
    Although I love the idea of a longer-range battery, if I can get 2 OEM batteries for the price of one aftermarket - I'm sticking with the 2 OEMs.

Advantages:
    * No warranty gripes- all Palm= 1 stop liability
    * The same price (2x 1800mAh vs. 1x 2200mAh for about $60) gives me 200% of capacity rather than 125%
    * One can always be charging while the other is being used (if the cradle is close, or you use a third-party charger)
    * No confusion about which battery is installed
    * Parts fail - I know Palm's number and RMA process... third-party manufacturers...(bleh)?

Cons:
    * Using OEM battery, if you don't remember to bring the spare with you - you have only 100% of capacity rather than the 125% of the 2200mAh
    * We are still waiting for a simple dedicated battery charger for the Palm battery (I think the Seido one is ugly and unnecessarily large).
    Treo 755s in good condition available on ebay for $50-$75. No need to pay for insurance or buy a Pre.
    Seidio's high capacity battery for the Treo 650 is only $29.95.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppcmd
    With the Treo 700w due any day now I emailed Lion Battery to confirm their 2200 mAh battery HLI-T650 will work in the new Treo 700w. I have used another Mugen Power battery from them in my HP hw6515 and it was a big benefit.

Also any update on the Sedio battery charger working with this battery?
    In case you didn't get the email, the battery will fit the 700W as well as the 650. Now it can be considered confirmed.

Mark
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    can anyone confirm if the seidio extended batt. is equal to or inferior to the mugen batt.?

i'm a firm believer that you get what you pay for...however, this does not always hold true for electronics that are made overseas.....any thoughts....i would love to save the money....but if there is any difference in batt. life or quality with the mugen...then i will buy that.
    Sorry, I can't give you a comparitive answer, but I have had the Lion Battery 2200mAh manufactured by Mugen for 7 months in a Treo 650 and the power has been as advertised -- a 30 to 35% increase over the original battery. Wouldn't be without it. It lasts thru a full 18 hour travel day -- pda, phone calls, pull e-mail, music and web. (Although, I do carry the original, as a spare, on such days.)

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/16/2006 at 06:30 PM.
  15.    #75  
    I would truly do a comparitive test if i had the Sedio battery...HINT HINT LOL , and a charger LOL okay now I'm greedy
    Quote Originally Posted by Geckotek
    Anybody find this battery any cheaper than $60? I'm leaving for China soon and want a spare battery, but for that price I can buy 2 of the OEM battery from Dan's and have money left over. So if someone has seen it cheaper, please let me know.
    $60 seems a bit steep for the incremental improvement. I need a backup more than I need more juice... I saw on ebay a 2000 selling for $20.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Squires
    $60 seems a bit steep for the incremental improvement. I need a backup more than I need more juice... I saw on ebay a 2000 selling for $20.
    thats fine of course

but when it comes to things that can go boom...especially power related items, i would rather pay money for quality
    This is true.....but I suspect a lot of batteries under the hood more or less come from the same places and use the same things.
    If it doesn't have a slot for SDHC--I don't want it. Period.
    I'd avoid some of those 1-offs on ebay, a few people have reported issues (or low performance despite the claims). The Mugen and Seidio are both well reviewed and all of the comments I've seen are positive. Given the price difference ($30 vs $60), the seidio seems the obvious choice right now. The Mugen filled a niche (extra capacity over the OEM battery) when it came out so people would pay the price but now that there is legitimate competion I think they need to lower the price to compete.

my 2 cents...
    Well verdict is in I need to get a hold of Mugen power. My battery was causing my Treo to lock up and not turn on. I got a "<unknown application>" error. I hope they give me a replacment.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast