Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by swieder
    You pay for shipping when orderred from the Lion. I just orderred mine yesterday. It shipped today. I paid $9 to have it shipped priority mail (2 to 3 days).

Expensive, but from all that I have read it seems to be worth it. Should match nicely with my $75 proclips mount!
    Good deal. I guess if people aren't in a rush to get it, it makes sense to shope at eBay and save the shipping cost. BTW, it is Lion that you are buying from:

http://cgi.ebay.com/2200mAh-PALMONE-...QQcmdZViewItem
    David
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilver
    Good deal. I guess if people aren't in a rush to get it, it makes sense to shope at eBay and save the shipping cost. BTW, it is Lion that you are buying from:

Sweet...once it gets down to $40 or $50....I'll prolly buy one.
  3.    #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by dsilver

thats the company who is selling them
    8/02/05 12 hour business trip:

Heavy email and phone usage while not on the plane.
    1 hour of music on the plane there.
    1 hour of a movie on the plane back.
    30 minutes of web browsing on TC while waiting fo the plane in the terminal.

99% down to 29%, not too bad.
    I bought mine on ebay over the weekend,paid for priority shipping (actually didn't notice) and recieved it yesterday.In retrospect the free shipping is great,but I'm leaving for a trip in two days and am glad to have the battery before hand.Will be great to see how much longer I'll be able to go without swapping out batteries,being a pretty heavy phone and data user,it has been difficult to go anywhere without the spare or a charger.
    I just got my batter last night. I charged it for 12 hours overnight. Today I am trying to run it down by playing hours of music. 3 cycles and then I will juice it up everynight.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    I am running the battery down to 5 or 10% for the first 3 to 5 cycles. Going all the way to 0% seems like a bad idea for the battery. Any other using care to report the initial charge/discharge experience?
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    You do not have to go down all the way to zero . . . . 5 to 10% is okay, you just want 3 to 5 full cycles to set the battery chemistry for full power and longevitiy. Then I would charge it back to 100% each night or two. I have been getting the extra staying power, as advertised.

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    ive been letting it go to 1% before fully recharging. but what if you did let it go to zero, will this damage the battery?
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002
    ive been letting it go to 1% before fully recharging. but what if you did let it go to zero, will this damage the battery?
    I have no knowledge in that regard, however 1% should be more than good enough.

How did you like the pictures of "The Thing"?

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I have no knowledge in that regard, however 1% should be more than good enough.

How did you like the pictures of "The Thing"?

Cheers, Perry.
    the name is definitely appropriate!!! its certainly a ... thing!
    not quite the vehicle of my dreams but its certainly an interesting piece of work!!
    0 does not equate to no volts. I'm more concerned with the "break-in" process. I've been using Li-ion for years for RC and there is no break-in for the cells. I wonder if it is more of a learning process of Palm's smart charger. If so that is slightly troubling. What if you go bqck to the original cell? Will it run that one down too low or miscalculate the battery percentage left?
  13.    #53  
    when a Li battery is dead...i believe it is at a charge of 3.17 V (I cant remember...but it isnt 0 volts)
    Yes, empty or 0 equates to a specific voltage.

Unfortunately the charger...or operating system of the Treo can't tell what the capacity of the battery is till it runs it through a cycle so if you switch to a battery with a different capacity it will miscalculate the time you have left the first use and gradually...depending on how it averages...get the time correct. It will still protect the battery by switching off at the correct voltage but if you switch back and forth you will really be confusing the percentage full algorythm.

Most batteries for devices now are "smart" batteries that have overcharge and low voltage protection built into them. I imagine the Treo's battery is no different. Therefore, it can be charged with a dumb charger...which is why they can make such a cheap USB charger for it.

Having said that the system for understanding the capacity of the battery is a learned operation and that either takes a "smarter" battery (you will see this on some camcorders) or an operating system that learns the battery. Based on what I've read it looks like the Palm operating system learns the capacity of the battery.
    It is also interesting to note that many places are selling "extended" Treo 650 batteries that are only 1700Mah, which is actually less than the 650's capacity.
    Ack! so many accessories to buy now that I bought my Treo!

I noticed that I spend a whole lot of time doing things on the Treo (checking mail, websites, games, calender, etc). My battery gets eaten up pretty quickly. I may have to look into an extra battery now. $60 isn't a bad price.

Thanks for the review hofo_mofo
    However you can buy an OEM replacement battery for less than $30 shipped so it is hard to justify paying more than twice that for a little more performance. I like having a second battery for swapping out on long trips or for swapping when the phone runs low and I don't want to be tied to the charger.
    true. I didn't know the OEM battery was so much cheaper. I'll look into it. thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by trowa
    true. I didn't know the OEM battery was so much cheaper. I'll look into it. thanks
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Treo-650-1900-mA...QQcmdZViewItem

Haven't seen a better price anywhere. Bought battery, charger and Palm Bluetooth headset all from Dans. Can't comment on reliability yet because just ordered from his Ebay store but feedback seems mostly good.
    Dumb question, but how are you discharging and recharging this battery completly? The only method I know of is to keep the phone on until it dies. And since the phone is the only charger I know of for the battery, you'd have to recharge it in your phone too?

My current battery makes it to about 30% by 8pm. So this one shouldn't knock out until around midnight or so. Then I'd have to wake up and fully recharge it. I would repeat this process for five days?

Sounds like a blast. Maybe I'll just wait until after 7pm and call my home phone using my Sprint free nights and weekends. That should kill it off in short order.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast