Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    I, too, have noticed the significant battery drain (and the phone gets very warm when it gets down towards the end) since 1.12. I have BT on and IR on (although BT is not discoverable). I had my battery fully charged when I installed 1.12. I have noticed that (the same as some others on this thread) about every 30 seconds or so, my screen and keyboard light up for about 30 seconds, and then go dark (never did that before). I'm positive it's nothing to do with the battery charge indication - something is actually draining the battery. Looks like some application is now waking up the Treo every few minutes and causing drain...I DON'T see the data arrows staying green...they are grey when the phone wakes up. It's got to be some other application that's doing it...confusing, and frustrating...
    Quote Originally Posted by bcrair
    I, too, have noticed the significant battery drain (and the phone gets very warm when it gets down towards the end) since 1.12. I have BT on and IR on (although BT is not discoverable). I had my battery fully charged when I installed 1.12. I have noticed that (the same as some others on this thread) about every 30 seconds or so, my screen and keyboard light up for about 30 seconds, and then go dark (never did that before). I'm positive it's nothing to do with the battery charge indication - something is actually draining the battery. Looks like some application is now waking up the Treo every few minutes and causing drain...I DON'T see the data arrows staying green...they are grey when the phone wakes up. It's got to be some other application that's doing it...confusing, and frustrating...
    Check out the battery drain threads in the 650 forum . . . . many people have discovered that VersaMail settings or accounts changed during the update and that resetting them has cured the problem . . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    No problem Kris! I was set to buy after reading your review anyway. It looks and feels EXACTLY like the original 1800 mAh battery, except for it doesn't say Palmone on the label.

I am dropping about 1% per hour at the moment, I will know more after the 3 to 5 full recharge cycles . . . .

5:50pm edit -- it's been out of the cradle 12 hours now, down to 72%, usually when I get home it would be at 50%, so it appears I am getting the increased staying power mentioned in your (hofo mofo's) review. Again, I will know more after the 3-5 full recharge cycles.

Thanks for the review and testing!! It's always nice to have someone jump in the water first!!

Cheers, Perry

It took 2.5 days to get down to 25%, where I started my first of 3-5 suggested full recharge cycles. No noticable changes in the Treo or it's operation -- just significantly longer staying power. I would highly recommend this battery to those that are considering buying a spare, the extra change is well worth it. Use it is as your primary and the original as your spare. For heavy users -- I'd say it's worth the investment for the peace of mind of knowing that you are going to make it thru a 18 hour day without having to recharge or carry a spare battery.

Cheers, Perry.

(Don't ask me why I chose to stop at 25% left, I guess the red on the battery bar scared me. Hopefully, that was far enough to be considered a full drain and charge cycle for the battery's initial suggested conditioning. )
    Last edited by gtwo; 06/23/2005 at 12:42 PM.
    I have had mine for about two weeks now. I was about ready to give up on it until after the third cycle as i could not tell a significant difference. Now it rocks on through the day without any problems at all even with heavy phone and data use. The cycling of the battery is key.
    I always let it zero out before recharging though. It won't hurt anything. I just carried around my original battery and switched it out when it turned itself off due to lack of juice. Now I just recharge at the end of each day regardless of how much juice is left.
    Great battery!!! Go Mugen Power!!!!
    Thanks Skeeter! I will draw mine down to zero on my remaining "initial conditioning drain and charge cycles." (Even though mine was already showing the increased staying power.) Glad to hear yours "kicked in"!

Cheers, Perry.
    Although the spec sheet from P1
    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s..._gsmdsheet.pdf
    stated EDGE is supported, my CIngular rep says it's GPRS only, no EDGE.

So far, speed tests seem to bear this out.
    --
    K7AAY
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbartley
    Although the spec sheet from P1
    http://www.palmone.com/us/products/s..._gsmdsheet.pdf
    stated EDGE is supported, my CIngular rep says it's GPRS only, no EDGE.

So far, speed tests seem to bear this out.
    why did you post this in this thread oh well...yup there is EDGE...im getting 179kbps on multiple speed tests

if anything, maybe in your area EDGE has not been fully deployed...in Canada it has been since June 2004
    $60 for an extra battery seems a little steep. Buying this should push me over the top in spending more on accessories than the phone itself.

Anyone else selling this battery at a better price than Lion Battery? The Palm OEM battery is only $36 on MTDN.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Quote Originally Posted by hofo_mofo
    you're welcome magic man

who or what is Factory Direct?

factorydirectcellular.com

AVOID THIS PLACE AT ALL COSTS. These guys are thieves. Finally sent them the battery back a while ago for an exchange, but never got a response or email or anything and there is no number to call, just email which they never respond to except for automated BS...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter
    I have had mine for about two weeks now. I was about ready to give up on it until after the third cycle as i could not tell a significant difference. Now it rocks on through the day without any problems at all even with heavy phone and data use. The cycling of the battery is key.
    I always let it zero out before recharging though. It won't hurt anything. I just carried around my original battery and switched it out when it turned itself off due to lack of juice. Now I just recharge at the end of each day regardless of how much juice is left.
    Great battery!!! Go Mugen Power!!!!
    Completely draining everytime is a bad idea. I have done TONS of research on LiIon batts and here are some true statements:

1) 3-5 cycles in beginning is necessary to get the best performance (but you don't have to drain it completely, just get it exercised)
    2) Completely draining the battery is a) not necessary and b) harmful the longer it is left drained (this is why they are shipped from the factory w/ a full charge)
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Anybody find this battery any cheaper than $60? I'm leaving for China soon and want a spare battery, but for that price I can buy 2 of the OEM battery from Dan's and have money left over. So if someone has seen it cheaper, please let me know.
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Where can I get one?
    I ordered one this week from Lion.

Should be here in a few days.
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I ordered mine today. My Treo, is now in your mittens, hofo mofo!!!

No, just kidding. I am very confident that this will be a good thing.

I shall report back with my experiences.

Cheers, Perry.

6 weeks. . . . . . . no problems, lots of staying power.
    Does anyone have any experience with this battery?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ory=64365&rd=1

It sells for $17.99 and $6.99 shipping...
    David
    Sounds TOO GOOD to be true, but hey, I am half cynic and half optimist. This one hit the cynic side.
    Interesting that the text in the ad says 2000 maH but the label on the battery itself says 1800 maH.

For about $20 you can buy the Palm OEM battery ... 1900 maH I believe ... from Dans Cellular Accessories on eBay. You can get three of them for the price of the 2200 maH battery being discussed here, for example.
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    Interesting that the text in the ad says 2000 maH but the label on the battery itself says 1800 maH.

For about $20 you can buy the Palm OEM battery ... 1900 maH I believe ... from Dans Cellular Accessories on eBay. You can get three of them for the price of the 2200 maH battery being discussed here, for example.
    Excellent points. At eBay, I also saw the original battery being discussed available at the same price ($60) with free shipping included- don't know if that's the way they do it from their website as well...
    David
    You pay for shipping when orderred from the Lion. I just orderred mine yesterday. It shipped today. I paid $9 to have it shipped priority mail (2 to 3 days).

Expensive, but from all that I have read it seems to be worth it. Should match nicely with my $75 proclips mount!
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Global Posts
    75 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if using a NON Palm OEM battery voids the warranty?
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast