1.    #1  
    Hi all

Yesterday my year-and-a-half old treo600 fell off the desk on the floor and the display went black. It now displays just one-pixel wide white lines at the top and bottom of the screen and everything else is black. I tried resetting, hard resetting, etc. When I do that the screen flickers, I get beeps when pressing with the stylus, etc. It seems that it's working as usual except that the display is dead.

Has anyone else had similar problems? Is it possible to fix? This is an Orange phone in UK - can it be fixed in UK? Anybody knows how much it will cost?

Thanks for any information you may have.
    If its not under warranty and if you don't have insurance, I would take it apart and see if any connections came apart. There is a cable that connects the screen to the motherboard...maybe something has come loose. You can search on here for other posters who have replaced their batteries on how to take it apart.

The cost to get the screen fixed has been posted before...you might find it more cost effective to upgrade to the 650 now (assuming you can get it)?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

You can get part here

pdaparts.com

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I had similar symptoms, though I had a blue screen, with one line of white pixels across the top and bottom. So I replaced the battery this morning (had ordered a backup battery about 4 months ago from pdaparts.com, but had not yet installed it). At first I had no screen at all! Turns out, there's a connector near the battery that came loose which ties the screen to the rest of the unit. I re-opened, reconnected the loose connector, and all's well. No more blue screen. If your battery is 1.5 years old, it almost certainly needs to be replaced.
    --- Baba
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Who has a $600 phone and no insurance
    Someone who bought one of the first Treo600s, for well less than $600, when they weren't offering insurance.
    --- Baba