1.    #1  
    Just got a Izon BT headset -- the 650 and the headset can see each other.

When I attempt to pair them in the "trusted devices" folder, the 650 goes through the sequence apparently successfully, but it finishes without that headset remembered as a "trusted device".

Palm gave me what I perceived as a boilerplate answer: that this headset is not compatible with 650 so give up.

I'm hoping that someone knows a way to force a device into the "trusted device" category.

Any ideas ????
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    Normal pairing includes entering a passcode typically "0000". Did you go through this step?
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestr
    Normal pairing includes entering a passcode typically "0000". Did you go through this step?

Yes -- with apparent success.

But the 650 does not preserve the headset's membership in the "Trusted Device" category.

The 650 & headset perform all the appropriate "Trusted Device" pairing tasks -- but upon completing that sequence, the headset is not in the "Trusted Device" listing. (other devices, a PC, a laptop, are.)
    Sounds like it should work. If your 650 can see the headset and at one point you were asked to enter a passcode and the passcode you enter was accepted, then I don't see why it should not go into the trusted device list. If possible, please go through your pairing steps again and list in all details the steps that you do.

BTW, is this the headset you're using?
    http://www.globalat.com/bluetoothheadset.html

Looks like the spec says it should be compatible with a wide variety of phones.
    Last edited by jamestr; 06/10/2005 at 09:39 AM.
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jamestr
    Sounds like it should work. If your 650 can see the headset and at one point you were asked to enter a passcode and the passcode you enter was accepted, then I don't see why it should not go into the trusted device list. If possible, please go through your pairing steps again and list in all details the steps that you do.

BTW, is this the headset you're using?
    http://www.globalat.com/bluetoothheadset.html

Looks like the spec says it should be compatible with a wide variety of phones.

I'll try again as soon as I have time some time today ---

And yes, that is the BT headset that I have.

Palm's answer was that it is not on THEIR compatible list -- irrespective of the fact that it looks like it should work with the appropriate BT /Treo specs.
  6.    #6  
    If I could get this headset to work, it would be nearly perfect for me --BT, FM, (and its own SD slot for MP3s)

There are some large flaws as well (beyond the BT pairing).

The SD card stick out in a big way -- at least a 1/4". I'd be very worried about the cards falling out and getting lost.

The headset is real tight fitting -- uncomfortably for me. I wish the plastic was more flexible and somewhat adjustable.

Its not especially heavy, but it might be a bit unstylishly geeky for some.

The FM works well though, and the MP3 sound is decent.
    Is your paring problem just with music, or phonecalls, or both?