1.    #1  
    So...here's the deal. When I select an MP3 ringer for my "Funky Ringer" in Phone Technician...it works fine when I receive a message. My issue is when I send a message. Right when I send it, my text turns grey, and then when it's delivered, it turns Blue...when that happens, I get the same tone. WTH?

It never happened when I ddin't have Butler and Phone Technician installed...so I'm thinking one or both are the culprits. I just don't like getting a rington when I send a message...I just want to hear it when I receive it.

Has anyone had this happen to them and how did you fix it, if you did. Thanks.

DB
    Quote Originally Posted by dbdynsty25
    So...here's the deal. When I select an MP3 ringer for my "Funky Ringer" in Phone Technician...it works fine when I receive a message. My issue is when I send a message. Right when I send it, my text turns grey, and then when it's delivered, it turns Blue...when that happens, I get the same tone. WTH?

It never happened when I ddin't have Butler and Phone Technician installed...so I'm thinking one or both are the culprits. I just don't like getting a rington when I send a message...I just want to hear it when I receive it.

Has anyone had this happen to them and how did you fix it, if you did. Thanks.

DB
    I've had another report a but like this. Could you be getting message reciepts arriving and triggering the arrived sms alert?
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  3.    #3  
    No...because if I sit and watch my screen, as soon as the SMS is sent (grey text) I don't get anything...when it is delivered (blue text) that's when I get the tone.

It's almost like it's just telling me when the message was delivered...like the Treo thinks it's actually receiving a message, when in fact, it's notifying me.

I hope I'm explaining this correctly...when you go to the SMS screen where it shows all of your conversations you will see two arrows next to each one. If your last message hasn't been delivered yet, it's an green and a grey arrow. When your message is delievered (and coincidentally, this is when I get the Funky SMS tone), it turns green and orange. When that change takes place (the grey to orange), that is when I'm getting the tone. It doesn't happen when Butler and Technician aren't installed (and I'm not using an MP3 ringer).

Any ideas?

For reference:

Treo 650 on Verizon
    Software: Treo650-1.01-VZW
    Butler version: 2.55
    Technician version: 1.7
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by confusedvorlon
    I've had another report a but like this. Could you be getting message reciepts arriving and triggering the arrived sms alert?
    Actually now that I re-read your question, that seems to be what I'm getting. I don't know how to disable the "message receipts" tone. Is that how it is supposed to work? I never got that receipt tone when Butler and Technician weren't installed...just the one that happens when I actually receive a message.
    Butler just responds to incoming sms. Sounds like you are getting message reciepts -which are sent as sms. I need to think about how/if I could avoid this behaviour.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
  6.    #6  
    Yeah, I'm not sure why it's doing it...like I said, it doesn't do it (alert me when the message receipt is received) when I didn't have Butler and Technician installed. So it's some kind of conflict I guess. Let me know what you come up with. Thanks!
  7.    #7  
    Anything yet Confusedvorlon?