1.    #1  
    Alrighty then.

I'm about to take the plunge into upgrading my 650's current 1.05 firmware to a newer one and I wanted to see which firmware version is the best and most stable.

1.15 or 1.21 or 1.23?

which one should I use?
    If you want to keep your warranty, you'll wait a short while longer until Cingular releases an update, it isn't far off I expect. Also, the 1.21 and 1.23 aren't "real" releases, basically test builds, so besides experimenting and messing around, I suggest you don't use those.

I really suggest waiting for an official release. If you want to dump the generic GSM ROM on, then have at it, but wait for an official release of it as well.
    I have been using 1.23 for a few weeks and it has been more stable than when my Treo came out of the box.
    Treo 750 / Cingular 3125
    I also have been using 1.23 for a couple of months and it works just fine. I even had 1.23 installed on a unit that I sent back for exchange (bad earpiece jack) and never heard any complaints. I badly needed the improved memory space - I couldn't even download a full days worth of email or take a picture without crashing due to lack of memory.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    If you want to keep your warranty, you'll wait a short while longer until Cingular releases an update, it isn't far off I expect. Also, the 1.21 and 1.23 aren't "real" releases, basically test builds, so besides experimenting and messing around, I suggest you don't use those.

I really suggest waiting for an official release. If you want to dump the generic GSM ROM on, then have at it, but wait for an official release of it as well.
    Seems someone says "real soon now" every 1-2 weeks since January.
    Remember, the "P" in PDA stands for personal.
    If it works for you, it is "P"erfect.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by dstrauss
    Seems someone says "real soon now" every 1-2 weeks since January.
    lol - thats what I was thinking.

after all, wasnt the next official release due to be out in May?

and were in June now?
    1.23 is the way to go. I suggest reloading your 3rd party apps manually instead of doing a backup/restore. Also check for the few apps that have been identified as troubled to make sure you get the latest releases. People have reported problems with Verichat and Zlauncher that were fixed with more current releases.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Where is the best place to download the v1.23 updater.

Will updating now prevent updating when Cingular release their offici update?

Thanks
    JAA