1. GXX
    I placed an order at Screenguardz (http://www.screenguardz.com) on 6/5 at 6PM. Four days later I received my 15 pack for my Treo 650. Shipping was real cheap and rather quick at $2.50.

The package is much smaller than I thought. It basically looks like an oversized folded matchbook. Inside this package is the 15 non-adhesive screenguardz and a hard plastic squeegee.

Unlike the screen protector that comes with the Treo, the SGz are non-adhesive. This means these plastic sheets are not sticky and won't grab everything it touches. The SGz can be re-applied if you don't get it right the first time.

The pre-cut shape was perfect and I got it on right the very first time. The squeegee takes a bit of getting used to. The first sheet I put on I managed to mess up because I pointed the squeegee down too much. It got caught in the plastic and snagged it a bit. So I threw it out, because I had 14 more to use

A tip is to make sure to wipe down the screen to get all the nasty fingerprints and other particles off. I used a wipe made for my glasses that my doc gave me. Make sure to get the corners cleaned to prevent the edges of the SGz from peeling up later on. You can also breathe on the screen before applying to prevent bubbles from forming. If you can't get the last tiny bubbles out, it should go away in a day or so on it's own.

Overall, at $9.99 for 15, this is a deal too good to pass up.
    Quote Originally Posted by GXX
    I placed an order at Screenguardz (http://www.screenguardz.com) on 6/5 at 6PM.

Overall, at $9.99 for 15, this is a deal too good to pass up.
    Perhaps. But my $10 (each) Boxwave protector on my T600 looked as good after 15 months as it did when new. I'd rather put a protector on once and leave it there than put on a cheap one and have to replace it every couple of months.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb
    Perhaps. But my $10 (each) Boxwave protector on my T600 looked as good after 15 months as it did when new. I'd rather put a protector on once and leave it there than put on a cheap one and have to replace it every couple of months.
    True that.
    Shahrum Amiri
    Treo 680 Cingular
  4. GXX
    I just can't justify paying $10 for one tiny sheet of plastic that takes about a nickle to make.

Well, we'll see how the SGz does after being used for a while. I'll report back
  5. Lew
    I just can't justify paying $10 for one tiny sheet of plastic that takes about a nickle to make.

That makes no sense. What you're paying for is value to the end user. Cost-based pricing is for commodity items like beans and corn and rice, where it's all the same.

If cost is an issue, go to the fabric store and buy some clear vinyl. Won't work worth a damn but it'll be cheap.

On my previous PDA I used PPCTech's WriteShields which are the same as Boxwave's protector (side by side I cannot tell the difference). Put one on two years ago and it's still fine. I expect the Boxwave to last similarly. I don't like changing screen protectors.
  6. GXX
    How does that make no sense? Value boils down to how much you spend on the item and how much you enjoy its benefits. It does not have to be a commodity. If I don't 'enjoy' how much I paid for it, it outweighs the benefits and thus eliminates the value of it all. However, this is my opinion which still is, $10 for a single sheet of tiny plastic is a rip.
    it is the shiznit. I put mine on in feb, still has no scratches. clear as a bell and no glare. You get what u pay for. why have the best phone out there and not the best screen cover? fyi keep my 650 in left pocket, screen towards hip.

the company I work for is the price leader in our field. However, no one elses quality or value approaches ours. Our sales pummel the competition. People pay for quality in value.
  8. GXX
    hahaha, ok how about this. Since my initial review was just a review and not a "Who makes the best screen protectors?", lets try this:

Whoever wants a Screenguardz to test out, I'll mail you one. I have enough here to satisfy.

9. Lew
    If I don't 'enjoy' how much I paid for it, it outweighs the benefits and thus eliminates the value of it all. However, this is my opinion which still is, $10 for a single sheet of tiny plastic is a rip.

Just curious... do you think it's a rip to pay $100 for a one-hundred dollar bill? After all, it's just a piece of paper/cloth with some green ink, right?

Each to their own, but let's put it this way. I find a great deal of value in not having to reapply a new protector every month or two.

$10 for one piece which lasts a couple years vs. $10 for fifteen of them that you get to replace every month or two. I'll take the one I don't have to futz around with regardless of manuf. cost.

FYI: http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/screeng...rs-review.html

BTW, if manuf/materials cost makes a difference in your enjoyment of something, don't ever check out the true cost of fountain softdrinks...
  10. GXX
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew
    Just curious... do you think it's a rip to pay $100 for a one-hundred dollar bill? After all, it's just a piece of paper/cloth with some green ink, right?
    Sorry, you lost me on that one........

With any protector, it all depends on how much use (tapping, writing, etc.) that you do. As I said, I'll report back after a bit of time and see how long it lasts.

Anyhow, I drink water, not soda, but thanks for caring!
    Quote Originally Posted by GXX
    How does that make no sense? Value boils down to how much you spend on the item and how much you enjoy its benefits. It does not have to be a commodity. If I don't 'enjoy' how much I paid for it, it outweighs the benefits and thus eliminates the value of it all. However, this is my opinion which still is, $10 for a single sheet of tiny plastic is a rip.
    We each make our own decisions about value. My point was not to suggest you made the wrong decision, but to point out there are other alternatives.

As far as $10 being a rip, look at it this way. You're not really paying for a piece of plastic, anymore than you're buying a chunk of plastic, metal and circuits when you buy a Treo. When you buy the Treo, you're buying the functionality it gives you. With the screen protector, you're paying for the utility of keeping your screen free of dirt and scratches. If I spend $10 on a screen protector that lasts 3 years, and you spend $10 on 15 screen protectors that, combined, last for 3 years, the value seems to be identical. In fact, I'd argue that the more expensive one is the better value, because you're not repeatedly removing and replacing it, with the attendent risk of messing up the new one, or of getting dust under the protector.

Of course, neither of us know how long the Boxwave or the cheapies will really last. Maybe you'll get twice as much life out of your 15 as I get out of my one. I still suggest the value of not having to repeatedly replace the protector is worth quite a bit. But if the review link posted above (and below):

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/screen...ors-review.html

is correct, it sounds like yours will last for less time than the boxwave, not more.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    guess you still got ripped off, should have bought a pack of SGz for the gameboy ds or sony psp for $10. gameboy ds pack comes in a set of 15 for both screens, which means you will have 30 screen protectors. btw, you can also get these locally.
  13. GXX
    Quote Originally Posted by uhhhmenono
    guess you still got ripped off, should have bought a pack of SGz for the gameboy ds or sony psp for $10. gameboy ds pack comes in a set of 15 for both screens, which means you will have 30 screen protectors. btw, you can also get these locally.
    haha, I never thought about that. Good stuff!