1.    #1  
    AHhahaha i never knew treo had this feature .. in treo 600 i realize that its hard for us to use a customized recorded voice ringtone on our treo. We had to use 3rd party software such as Lightwave and some other software i couldnt remember and it always resulted on Lagging and Crashing ..

i was fiddling around with my treo when i ask my friend to send me a MIDI file thru blutooth from his XDA and when i save the midi file it took me to a page where the title says "Sound Manager"

I always use iRing to manage my sounds but now the sound manager seems to be having this new feature "New" i tried clicking on it then it pop up a record button .. i didnt know what this does until i try recording my own voice .. it saved as the ring tones then i tried assigning it with my SMS ringtonie ... it worked ! hahahhaha !! now i dont need 3rd party software nemore !!

the only thing i couldnt figure out now is how to get a .wav file to be recorded in that format .. its ugly quality if i place my treo next to my speaker to record it... anyone got a solution?

Oh an i forgot to mention .. to find the sound manager page .. you go to Sounds .. then click Tones box then click Manage .. (hahah so stupid of me didnt realize this)
    Try assigning it to one of your favorites and see if it works when they call
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    well it worked for my SMS i didnt try to call because i have no other phone to call my self but if it worked with SMS it will also work with ringtone ... why doesnt yours work ?
    They works as a ringtone assigned in preferences, but NOT as a ringtone assigned to a specific caller in favorites. Which is a bummer, because I'd love to be able to record my wife saying "Brenda's calling," and use it as a ringtone in favorites. But I can't.

Why? It's yet another Treo bug. Maybe they'll fix it in a future ROM update. Yeah, right.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5. GXX
    Favorites uses mid only, so voice records will not work I assume...
    Quote Originally Posted by xaix
    well it worked for my SMS i didnt try to call because i have no other phone to call my self but if it worked with SMS it will also work with ringtone ... why doesnt yours work ?
    do a seach and you'll find out
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    Ha! Never knew that- thanks for that one....
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
  8.    #8  
    Hoho glad that im not the only one who just knew about this feature ;P
    i tried doing it with my treo and when i hit record it seems like its recording but when i hit stop nothing shows up?!

it just shows the screen with the list of ringtones.

what am i doing wrong? or is my treo being difficult?
    Quote Originally Posted by umcp
    i tried doing it with my treo and when i hit record it seems like its recording but when i hit stop nothing shows up?!

it just shows the screen with the list of ringtones.

what am i doing wrong? or is my treo being difficult?

IT Worked for me!

Fiddle around with the record mode, record it, and then it will prompt you to name it. Then it will be added to your ringtones list. Finally, go edit the speedial button (havent tried it in contacts) with your new recorded ringtone.
    This is Awesome!!
    This brings annoying ringtones to a whole new dimension!! I am going to have fun with this secretly putting a dirty message on my wife's 650 ringtone for me when I call her. Oh, the possibilities!
    Last edited by rinkeedink; 06/10/2005 at 05:52 PM.
  11.    #11  
    lol ... the only problem now is how can we get a .wav file to be converted into this format ? anyone got any ideas ? i dont want to put the treo next to my computer speaker to record the ringtone .. that would be horrible sound because of the background noise and air .. anyone got any solution for this ?
    Quote Originally Posted by rinkeedink
    This brings annoying ringtones to a whole new dimension!! I am going to have fun with this secretly putting a dirty message on my wife's 650 ringtone for me when I call her. Oh, the possibilities!
    Sorry, but you'll have to make the message one of her two default rings if you want it to sound; it won't work as a speed-dial ringtone.
    Courtesy of PalmOne's support site:

Voice recorder ringtones do not work as Caller ID Ringtones
    Please note, you cannot assign voice recorder ringtones to Favorites as Caller ID Ringtones. If you do assign a voice recorder ringtone, you will hear the Default ringtone whenever that person calls you.

http://kb.palmone.com/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=PalmSupportKB,ts=Palm_External2001,case=obj(19349)#amr
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."