1.    #1  
    Hi all,

I've been getting a lot of resets on my T650 for the past 2 weeks (up to 20 a day on bad days) and am intermittently getting Hotsync failures. CrashPro's logs indicate a problem with the SD card so I reformatted that but CrashPro is still indicating a problem with the card (at least that's how I'm reading the logs) and I've also removed some apps which I thought might be causing the problem such as Doc's to Go, PDA Playground and Texas Hold'em but again it doesn't seem to have had any effect. I've run DB scan which came up OK and Fix AddressDB which also came up OK. Here's the last 3 Crash Pro logs:

Crash on 9 Jun 2005, 8:53 am

Crash was caused by ActNames 9.05, with error SystemCompatibility.c, Line:64, Invalid card #

Crash on 8 Jun 2005, 7:55 pm

Crash was caused by Buttons 1.0, with error VFSDBCache.c, Line:4571, cached uniqueIDSeed not same as file value

Crash on 8 Jun 2005, 3:53 pm

Crash was caused by ActNames 9.05, with error SystemCompatibility.c, Line:64, Invalid card #

My last Hotsync also failed and the important bit of the log is:

HotSync operation started for John Murray on 06/09/05 09:07:22

OK Quick Install
    OK VersaMail
    Outlook Calendar
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Calendar
    Outlook Contacts
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Contacts
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:0D-0034
    OLERR:0D-0026
    OLERR:0D-0006
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Fast Sync
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Fast Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    OK Media

The rest of the Hotsync which was the backup part had no errors.

Can anyone help me resolve this?

If this is not a 'fixable' problem and the best thing to do is a Zero-Out Reset and reinstall each application manually can anyone tell me the best way to do that without having to change my Hotsync ID as that will requie me to get new unlock codes for most of my 3rd party apps? Do I just set the Hoysync preferences for all apps to 'Do Nothing' or 'Desktop overwrites Handheld' or what?

Really need some help here so appreaciate any input anyone can give me.

Regards,

John
    Ko Samet beach & a Treo650 - the perfectly connected stress free office
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    I would suggest to get rid of Agendus (Actnames). Many people had problems with it though not me. Also go to palm folder in your C: drive and open your hotsync ID folder than backup folder and remove Actnames from there too. Try hotsyncing and I hopefully if thats the only problem you will be fine.
    Report back with latest.
  3.    #3  
    Hi T-ulk,

Thanks for the reply. I'm not an expert user so please forgive this question but what happens if I remove Actnames from the Backup folder? Will it render the Contacts DB in Agendus useless or just rebuild it?

I rely completely on Agendus to organise myself and Docs to Go also. Without these the whole reason for having a 650 will be virtually gone.
    Just wondering, what is "Actnames" for and/or what does it do?
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Instead of relying on crashpro, what does the actual reset log say(dial ##377 or #*377)?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Why not just do a hard reset and see if the "naked" palm crashes. If it does, it is a hardware problem. If it doesn't, change the name of your backup folder and reinstall your apps one at a time to find the offending one.
  7.    #7  
    Hi GA Post,

How do I change the name of my Backup folder? On my c: drive I have C:\Program Files\Handspring\MurrayJ\Backup. Do I just change the name of the backup folder to something like C:\Program Files\Handspring\MurrayJ\BackupOld and when I next do a Sync the device will create a whole new backup folder into which each new app wiill be added as I load them from scratch after doing a hard reset?