Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I discovered a very cool media player, TCPMP.
    It allows mpeg, avi, mpeg4 movies, mp3 and aac audio files so Ipod users can play their aac files from itunes.

I also own a Sony PSP and just discovered that the MPEG 4 movies that I converted for it work perfectly on the Treo 650.

I have installed the application, plugins and movies all to the SD card and it works flawlessly. No need to take up internal memory.
    The movies look great, and with a 1gb card it will hold two full length movies at high quality.

The software is beta, but is very stable. I have had no trouble with crashing.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    I discovered a very cool media player, TCPMP.
    It allows mpeg, avi, mpeg4 movies, mp3 and aac audio files so Ipod users can play their aac files from itunes.

I also own a Sony PSP and just discovered that the MPEG 4 movies that I converted for it work perfectly on the Treo 650.

I have installed the application, plugins and movies all to the SD card and it works flawlessly. No need to take up internal memory.
    The movies look great, and with a 1gb card it will hold two full length movies at high quality.

The software is beta, but is very stable. I have had no trouble with crashing.
    Excellent. I have both pieces of equipment as well. Well, the PSP is my daughters. Tell us more about what you were using to produce the mpeg4 movies for your PSP? Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Micael
    Excellent. I have both pieces of equipment as well. Well, the PSP is my daughters. Tell us more about what you were using to produce the mpeg4 movies for your PSP? Thanks
    I would be interested in this if I could find the app. What app did you originally use to convert it to mpeg?
    You can produce movies for the PSP using Pocket DVD (www.pqdvd.com).
    So is there a stable release for TCPMP?
    TCPMP is more stable in its UNSTABLE version (currently .65x) than most other finsihed software. For comparison, it works far better than MMPlayer 1.0.0
    What makes it "far better"?
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    I dowloaded TCPMP and have no idea whereto begin... It's like 100 files in here. Could someone pm me with instructions. I'm using a Sprint T650.

Thanks for your help,

Kaos
    Quote Originally Posted by KAOSWLF
    I dowloaded TCPMP and have no idea whereto begin... It's like 100 files in here. Could someone pm me with instructions. I'm using a Sprint T650.

Thanks for your help,

Kaos
    Ahem. RTFM.

1. Install the player: tcpmp.prc

2. Install the plugins you need:

tcpmp_mpeg4_plugin.prc: ISO MPEG-4 (DivX and XviD), H.263, MS-MPEG4-v3 video codecs.

tcpmp_mp3_plugin.prc: MP3 audio codec used not just by .mp3 files, but most .avi files.

tcpmp_matroska_plugin.prc: Matroska container, support for .mkv and .mka files.

tcpmp_vorbis_plugin.prc: Ogg Vorbis package, support for .ogg and .ogm files and vorbis audio.

tcpmp_mpeg1_plugin.prc: MPEG-1 video, support for .mpg files

tcpmp_camera_plugin.prc combined codecs for digital cameras: MJPEG, ADPCM, ALaw, MuLaw.

tcpmp_aac_plugin.prc: AAC audio, playback of non-protected .m4a and .mp4 files.

tcpmp_mpc_plugin.prc: Musepack audio format, support for .mpc files.

tcpmp_ac3_plugin.prc: AC3 audio

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  10.    #10  
    I am using PSPVideo9 for the mpeg 4 movies, it is free and very easy to use. The software is updated regularly. I have converted my home videos of the kids and even movies from my personal DVD collection.

RE: TCPMP....its FREE, its very stable. It hasnt crashed the Treo once, it has several options for video and audio adjustment and you can even load several videos and play them in one stream. The quality of the mpeg4 playback is very high, I occasionally get some stutters, but I suspect a high speed SD card will solve that problem.
    One more bonus....it plays my aac files from my Ipod. I havent found another solution for this short of converting them to mp3 files, but since I have thousands of aac files, this really wasnt an option.
  11.    #11  
    forgot to add link:

http://www.pspvideo9.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalfx
    I am using PSPVideo9 for the mpeg 4 movies, it is free and very easy to use. The software is updated regularly. I have converted my home videos of the kids and even movies from my personal DVD collection.
    I used PSPVideo9 last night for the first time. The PSP belongs to my son, but I have it in my possession right now....he may not get it back. Since I am new to the PSP, does TCPMP do something that PSPVideo9 doesnt do?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
  13.    #13  
    PSP Video 9 creates the video. TCPMP is simply a player for the Treo 650 phone. In other words you create the movie for your PSP or Treo with PSPVideo9 and watch it with TCPMP on your phone.
    Global Posts
    353 Global Posts
    Sorry gang, I downloaded the wrong file. This one had like 25 sub-directory folders and no .src files. Now I have the actual file and see how basic the installation is. lol

Thanks for your patience and not ripping into me...

Kaos
    I tried out TCPMP yesterday. I dragged and dropped an AVI, a Mpeg4, a Mpeg1, a WMV, and a asf. Amazingly all files were converted to an asf, and show up in both TCPMP and the camera app on my Treo 650. Do I even need TCPMP on a Treo 650, since the camera app seems to use quicktime formats as well as all the others. What is the hype about? I think it is cool, that I found out how versatile the media app on the Treo 650 is. Now I am wondering if the codecs I installed with TCPMP are allowing me to do this...interesting.
    Well on my 600 I can play DiVx files now. As smooth as if it were a TV. I am using DrDivx to convert the MPG to DiVx. As the PSPVideo9 app does not make the videos small enough in resolution for the 600. (I could tinker with it by hand... But was not in the mood last night...)

I also installed the app and the codecs to my memory card (As the newest pre-release is over 2 meg) and everything runs SMOOTH!
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
  17.    #17  
    Yes, but my original thread was, if you already have a PSP and are making movies for it, then they work perfectly in the Treo. This way I only need to convert my movies once and they are usable in both devices. The only drawback is they are slightly larger than they could be, but since I have large sd cards its really not an issue. I have already converted over 20 movies for the PSP, so I simply dropped those on my SD card and they work.
    If you are simply creating movies for the Treo, there are dozens of options available for this as well.
    True. (Too bad I do not have a PSP... )
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    DigitalFX:
    I have been trying to get a Harry Potter movie set up for my son's psp and I usually put it on my Treo 650 as well. My problem is PSP Video 9 makes it a 1,294,+++. kb file. it is too big for his 1 gig duo or my 1 gig SD. How can I make it smaller? Have you had problems like this? The Movie is 2.5 hrs long.

sandy
    I am currently beta testing Omniquiti's Lathe for the Treo 650. It works for the 600, and it appears to be doing fine for the 650. I haven't converted a whole lot of files yet. Just a divx and an MPEG1 ReplayTV/DVArchive file. One is having issues with the audio sync. I need to fiddle with it some more. But Lathe looks very promising. It's a $5 app. Here's where you can get more info: http://www.omniquiti.com/

Stay tunes!

Nobbie
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast