1.    #1  
    Is palmOne so busy with their internal turmoil that they have no time left to take care of their customers? If I remember correctly, the official firmware upgrade for the unlocked Treo was supposed to be out in the beginning of April (supposedly that info was from someone at palmOne).

So, has it become firmwaporware or is there still hope?
    Maybe we need to specify.....this is for GSM
    Palm III -> Palm Vx -> Clie T615c -> Clie T665c -> Tungsten T|3 -> Treo 650 -> Trew 700W (for a few days) -> XV6700 -> Moto Q
    http://geckotek.blogspot.com
    Global Posts
    478 Global Posts
    My thoughts exactly...What the heck is the issue...I mean, the Sprint upgrade was suppose to be this huge leap forward in what this device is suppose to be, so where is our piece of the pie?...what gives?

rob
    No it will never be out. I think Palm has forsaken us, but I know I won't forget this when I purchase my next device. The more my device crashes while I wait for a firmware update, the more I want a device based on Symbian OS.
    GregoryPierce ! My thoughts exactly ! This Palm Treo 650 is most UNSATISFACTORY.
    sell...move on.

"forasken"

wow
    well im quite happy with the treo 650 with its georgeous screen .. and the new phone menu ..+ bluetooth ..

if i had to sacrifise a few crashes and lagginess .. i would its in a whole, better than the 600 IMHO. Although here are some major problem with my treo 650:

1. Switching App Slow
    2. Speaker not loud , Speakerphone so soft !
    3. Bluetooth Crapiness with Sycn and Headset
    4. Versamail cant auto disconnect after checking mail
    5. SMS Inbox database crash when playing MMplayer Movie and incoming sms
    6. The unchangable 5 page favourites (cant they just make 10 or more)
    7. One day battery life
    8. Squeaky Battery Cover
    9. Slow On / Off Unit (i wish the button was on top again) i can use the extra END Call button for some other apps.

Thats it so far ... lol
    Quote Originally Posted by gregorypierce
    No it will never be out. I think Palm has forsaken us, but I know I won't forget this when I purchase my next device. The more my device crashes while I wait for a firmware update, the more I want a device based on Symbian OS.

I used to have a P900 with symbian os. It just wasnt a smart phone. The speed could just slow down and it was tiring to keep a tab on running programs in the background. Im currently using a treo 650 and Im quite satisfied. The only problem with the unit now is the db cache getting filled up and ending with a reset. The software bugs can be dealt with by the developers. Palm just has to fix db cache and we'll be alright. Btw, Im currently using a 1.21 Custom ROM.