1.    #1  
    I installed power run (instead of zlauncher based on some concerns expressed in other threads re: zlauncher) to save space on the Treo 650. Power run says not to put docs to go on my card, and my Oneworld timetable doesn't work when transferred to the card by Powerrun.

I'm now down to 3.7M free on my Cingular 650, and have not installed anything except Vindigo, the timetable, power run and a small holiday calendar program.

How do people install so many programs? What do I need to do to free up space? Is Palmone going to come out with a fix?
    DataViz has a utility that will move Docs2Go onto your card. You MUST use their util to do this rather than power run or Zlauncher. It's called DXTG Tech Tool.

The damn thing is a pain to find on their site but here it is: http://download.dataviz.com/support/...ataviztech.prc

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    I recently did a hard reset and reinstall and now I have 21 MB free. I gained over 5 MB by doing this. You ought to give it a try. DocsToGo is very easy to move to your card using the tool mentioned above, and saves several MB.

I do think that things will improve when the Cingular fw update comes out (if ever).
    I'm now down to 3.7M free on my Cingular 650, and have not installed anything except Vindigo, the timetable, power run and a small holiday calendar program.
    Something is definately not right. Are you sure you are looking at the palm memory and not the card memory?

ZLauncher works great and makes it easy to delete apps, move apps to the card, and look at all the files on the palm. You can use powerrun, but ZLaunher works better because you can tap and select an action, like delete.

You should make sure your web cache is clear and your e-mails are deleted or moved to the card.

Also with Zlauncher, you can look at all the files on the card an see their size and see if they are in ROM. You can sort them by size and then you will see what is using up RAM. I have a lot of good programs on my new 650 and put some on the card and still have about 10mb.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller
    I recently did a hard reset and reinstall and now I have 21 MB free. I gained over 5 MB by doing this. You ought to give it a try. DocsToGo is very easy to move to your card using the tool mentioned above, and saves several MB.
    Man, you must have only the basic apps that came with your 650 because there is only about 22mb of free memory when you get it new.
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost
    Man, you must have only the basic apps that came with your 650 because there is only about 22mb of free memory when you get it new.
    Yep. Everything else is on the card.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYC VZ guy

How do people install so many programs? What do I need to do to free up space? Is Palmone going to come out with a fix?
    Check out the following:
    1.If you are using Docs To Go, make sure you close the files when you are done or they take a lot of internal memory.
    2.See that your picture and video files are saved on the SD card.
    3.Purge regularly or clear out your Call Log if you can do without it.
    4.If you are using Voice Recorder Software check that you are storing them on the SD card, these files also take huge chunks of memory.
    5. Clean out your SMS and email messages - Inbox, Outbox, Sent, Trash, etc .

If all of the above are happening in your Treo, a PalmOne fix will not solve your problem.
    Ed
    Visor Deluxe, Prism, Visorphone, Treo 270, Treo 600, Treo 650, and am eagerly waiting for the next generation Treo...but wait...is that the iPhone????
    Very good apps, like they have said: The DataViz tool & ZLauncher saves pleanty of space, that's what the cards there for.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    How do I clear out my call log? thanks for the help.
    stageworks@usa.net
    I have about 150 apps installed on my treo right now and still have managed to keep approx 14 MB ram free using zlauncher, dataviz tech tool and etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions