1.    #1  
    My Treo 650 has developed a new characteristic... when I let it sit for 16 seconds, the screen dims to about 25%. 16s more and its down to 50%. A little longer, and the backlight is off! Strange behavior, especially since it never used to do this. What happened? Anyone else experiencing this? PalmOne, is there a fix?

It's happening in all apps, and in the OS.

It's quite annoying, since it takes me about 18 seconds to read a screen full of text. Help!
    Interesting. How long have you had your 650? Did this just start happening? Weird. I know my screen fades when I am in the phone app, but actually haven't noticed it in other apps.
  3.    #3  
    Yeah... it just started happening a couple of weeks ago. I kinda remember my phone originally dimming after 60 secs or so. It's just strange that its dimming so much faster now.
    Sounds like it's in NightMode. Try hitting Option then RightShift see if that helps.

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  5.    #5  
    Sorry Zathros. Tried that... still doing it.
    Mine does the same thing. Usually when Im using my Treo and charging my phone at the same time. Adjusting the brightness usually fixes the problem. Why it does it I have no idea.
    A hard reset should fix it.