1.    #1  
    I have had intermittent success in having my sync process starting up successfully when I press the hotsync button on my palm for three of my computers (two at home, one at work) - it seems the computer's hotsync.exe app does not start up when the palm sync program starts (i.e. does not recognize that the Palm is requesting a sync). Two of my computers are laptops - which I use more often. Normally, trying multiple times or rebooting the computer means success. A bad sync cable is not likely, as I have two brand new cables, one at work, one at home.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    we all have those problems. I find the Hotsync works about 50% of the time you push the button. I found the same with my Tungsten T and Palm 111 - both retired.
    I have a cradle on the computer at the office - this does not change the strike rate.
    Just accept it. If you hit the Hotsync twice and it doesn't work then restart the computer.
    One thing that does make a difference is avaialble memory - if you have 25 programs all open at once the Hotsync is less likely to operate. Try closing a few and your strike rate goes up. Macs are better than PCs too.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by winger
    I have had intermittent success in having my sync process starting up successfully when I press the hotsync button on my palm for three of my computers (two at home, one at work) - it seems the computer's hotsync.exe app does not start up when the palm sync program starts (i.e. does not recognize that the Palm is requesting a sync). Two of my computers are laptops - which I use more often. Normally, trying multiple times or rebooting the computer means success. A bad sync cable is not likely, as I have two brand new cables, one at work, one at home.
    I think I resolve with both of my cables - bad contacts between the cable and the T650 seems to be the culprit.
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome