1.    #1  
    Knowing I have internet capability with my 650 and a lap top and IP address, is there anyway to hot sync from any palce in the U.S.??

Sorta like what AOL is now offering.

Or is there third party software that allows this?

Thanks!
    Yes, you can do a network sync. To be honest I can't remember exactly how to do it since I haven't done that in a long time, and don't really need to much since my laptop is almost always with me. But it can be done.
  3.    #3  
    Hmmm...Any solutions?
    I would love a link to those instructions for a Treo 650 as well. Perhaps we can try searching "Wireless hotsync." I used to do it with my old Treo 600 but not sure if the 650 settings are any different ...

Does anybody have a link that might be helpful?
    Quote Originally Posted by Llynx
    I would love a link to those instructions for a Treo 650 as well. Perhaps we can try searching "Wireless hotsync." I used to do it with my old Treo 600 but not sure if the 650 settings are any different ...

Does anybody have a link that might be helpful?
    I've asked in several forums around Feb/Mar when I got my Treo - no takers, except there is some info for the 600 which a few ppl had claimed works. If I recall, solution has something to do with network syncing and using your palm connecting your home pc through IP addresses... At the time, I tried the instructions but could not get it to get through my modem and router.

I too would like to do this...
    ... Go Go TREO !!! The 700wx and T755P are awesome
    After a little digging, I found this: http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...etwork+hotsync

I think this is what your looking for.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
  7.    #7  
    OK, I tried this. Can't get it to work. Under connection set up, go to 'NEW' and you can set up a wireless modem. Not sure of whether to use 'local network' or PC?

I openned the specified ports via Windows Firewall.

Does anything need to be done with my router???

Also, how do I get a WAN address??

Entering all else, though tedious, was easy..

Any help?
    You'd have to port forward the ports in your router as well (point them to your PC with the data) and/or open them if it has a built in firewall.

To get your WAN address go to: www.whatismyip.com.

Quote Originally Posted by thebland
    OK, I tried this. Can't get it to work. Under connection set up, go to 'NEW' and you can set up a wireless modem. Not sure of whether to use 'local network' or PC?

I openned the specified ports via Windows Firewall.

Does anything need to be done with my router???

Also, how do I get a WAN address??

Entering all else, though tedious, was easy..

Any help?