1.    #1  
    I've used all three of these with my 650:

-- Palm branded 250 from Jabra
    -- Scala 500
    -- Motorola HS850

I know the Treo gets the blame most of the time for poor feature support, but I don't get why some things work on some of these, but not others.

Palm HS:
    -- Crappy sound quality
    -- have to manually put into headset mode for outgoing calls
    -- have to manually answer, even if treo is set to auto-answer, but can usually answer pretty quickly

Scala:
    -- better sound quality/volume, but still crackles if very far away,
    or on the other side of my body
    -- once it's turned on, all outgoing calls automatically routed to headset
    -- once turned on, will automatically pick up incoming calls (usually within
    a couple of rings)

HS850:
    -- best sound quality/range...often works into another room easily
    -- have to manually answer (and can't do so for 4-6 rings usually, a very long time)

Palm's website says the Palm branded BT250 supports the handsfree profile...but it's doesn't seem to work for me. Odd that the Scala works better in this regard.

Anyways, it seems like if the Treo can support handsfree with the Scala, why doesn't the Palm headset work? If some 3rd party sets support handsfree just fine with the Treo, why won't the Motorola one? Why the huge variance in answer times from one set to another?
    Very good question. I've had the HS850 and now the HBH-660. The same as you, these are the 2 reasons why I dumped the HS850:

-- have to manually answer (and can't do so for 4-6 rings usually, a very long time)

The 660 does not have any trace of these problems.

I have a friend who uses an HS850 with an HP Ipaq and I saw that the HS850 does not exhibit any of these problems with the Ipaq. Go figure.

Incidentally, I really liked the headset design of the HS850 and would dump the 660 in a heartbeat if it worked just as good.