1.    #1  
    I know some of you probably think that AOL sucks "Period." But lately they've been rethinking their strategies. Due to so much competition from Yahoo and Google, AOL has decided to give unlimited email storage to their paid members. Also, AOL now gives free email with 2GB of storage.
    But why would us Treo users care about AOL? Well, they seem to be testing a new sync calendar and contacts over the air software for the Treo. Plus, if you know the power of IMAP then stay tune because AOL IMAP is going to support the idle command pretty soon. What does that mean? It means that if you install ChatterEmail on your Treo you will be able to get PUSH email, just like the blackberries do. And later on they will add the search command for IMAP, which will allow email to be pushed almost instanly as it arrives the server.
    Now, does AOL suck? Maybe not as much as before. Just like Sprint for the Treo.

To read more about AOL unlimited email storage go here:
    http://www.techspot.com/story17773.html

About the PUSH command do a search on the chatteremail forum to learn more.

Al
    Last edited by TreoRock; 06/09/2005 at 02:29 PM.
    That's good to know. Since I'm already an AOL user, I'd be willing to try it out. Finally, AOL is actually offering something useful. I'm not particularly keen on AOL, but I've been too lazy to switch to anything else, and changing a primary email address is always a painful experience.
    This does look pretty interesting. As an aol user for many years, I've never used their address book extensively or the calendar, although they offer a syncing option for both to Outlook which I do use. (For that matter as a yahoo used I've never used their's either). I do get my AOL mail through versamail and having the ability to over the air sync the calendar might just do it. Its good to see AOL step up and compete with Yahoo etc.

Man there are a lot of applications to sync in my life though
    Has anyone seen anymore on this?

Even I might consider donning an "aol.com" email address (or aim or whatever) if it means I can get 2GB and IMAP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    I know some of you probably think that AOL sucks "Period." But lately they've been rethinking their strategies. Due to so much competition from Yahoo and Google, AOL has decided to give unlimited email storage to their paid members. Also, AOL now gives free email with 2GB of storage.
    But why would us Treo users care about AOL? Well, they seem to be testing a new sync calendar and contacts over the air software for the Treo. Plus, if you know the power of IMAP then stay tune because AOL IMAP is going to support the idle command pretty soon. What does that mean? It means that if you install ChatterEmail on your Treo you will be able to get PUSH email, just like the blackberries do. And later on they will add the search command for IMAP, which will allow email to be pushed almost instanly as it arrives the server.
    Now, does AOL suck? Maybe not as much as before. Just like Sprint for the Treo.

To read more about AOL unlimited email storage go here:
    http://www.techspot.com/story17773.html

About the PUSH command do a search on the chatteremail forum to learn more.

Al

I dont get it, with chatter and aol now, we get PUSH email so how would things change?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Where's the "whooptie doo" smilie.. hmm..

That'll work.
  7.    #8  
    Update:
    AOL now supports the IMAP idle command. They stopped supporting for almost 2 long months, but it is all good now. Also, they have recently implemented the IMAP search command. However, they didn't do a good job with the search command and it is making ChatterEmail limit the number of emails per inbox to no more than 350 messages. I believe they are working on a fix for that. So stay tune for more updates.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Update:
    AOL now supports the IMAP idle command. They stopped supporting for almost 2 long months, but it is all good now. Also, they have recently implemented the IMAP search command. However, they didn't do a good job with the search command and it is making ChatterEmail limit the number of emails per inbox to no more than 350 messages. I believe they are working on a fix for that. So stay tune for more updates.
    Soo...

AIM accounts' IMAP search will work with Chatter so long as you don't have 350 messages in your inbox?? Or is it the whole mailbox?
    I have been using the free aim account (gmail forwarded to aim) and it works great.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve