1.    #1  
    Some people have run into problems connecting to a Microsoft Exchange server using OWA and Blazer on the Treo 650. Initially, I was not able to connect to OWA using Blazer or WebPro 3.01a either. Blazer would keep prompting me for a username and password after each time I entered them. Then I remembered some arcane knowledge on how to connect to an Exchange 5.5 server through OWA which worked.

Here is how I successfully connect to an Exchange 2000 server via OWA in Blazer.

In Blazer, type in the OWA url.

Under User Name:, type:
    your_domain_name.com/your_user_name

Under Password:, type:
    your_password

Click on OK.

These instructions may also work for OWA on Exchange 5.5 and 2003 as well.

Hope this helps.

Damon
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Blazer would keep prompting me for a username and password after each time I entered them. Then I remembered some arcane knowledge on how to connect to an Exchange 5.5 server through OWA which worked.

Damon
    I never get a prompt screen/message, just authenication type not allowed
  3.    #3  
    Does it work for you now at all? If not, you may want to drop the .com or .org from the domain name field.

Damon
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    OWA on Exchange 2003 works fine in Blazer as well. Best to select Basic vs. Premium on the login page (this is an option that, I think, wasn't available prior to Exchange 2003).
    - Fushigi
    Quote Originally Posted by pureinstinct93
    Does it work for you now at all? If not, you may want to drop the .com or .org from the domain name field.

Damon
    failed to mention in this past-am using T600, not 650
    also no resolved name for OWA-just IP address 69.x.x.x/exchange.

The above works with webpro 3, just hate to spend 39 bucks for a web browser
  6.    #6  
    Can't help you there. I am only have experience with a 650.

Damon
    I suggest you try turning on MWA services if you have Exchange 2003. This is a mobile friendly web interface for Outlook which is very similar to OWA. There is a company in the UK called www.leederbyshire.com that has a similar solution.

Still the best option for OWA access is to use the Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync built into the VersaMail client. This is OWA but directly integrated for email and for Calendar. I am using it on my LifeDrive right now on WiFi and love it. Now that the Treo 650s all have VersaMail 3.1 available via the ROM update (barring Cingular) , I'll bet it works great on 650 too.

Its worth taking a peek at the Exchange ActiveSync Admin guide on palmOnes support site if you are going to set this up. The handheld setup is childsplay - make a new account. Set the server URL as the usual OWA URL and put in your username and pwd that you use for Outlook - that's it.
    i actually have just the opposite,, i cannot access the basic version only premium