Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Hi all,

I have a colleague who accidentally deleted his Voicemail speed dial button, and is trying to figure out how to get it back. He can put it in manually, but it's missing some functionality. Specifically, if he gets a voicemail notification and hits the "Listen" button, it doesn't link to his speed dial button anymore, and so it doesn't automatically enter his password (which he had saved in the "extra digits" area of the speed dial button). Anyone know of a way to get that button back, aside from doing a hard reset?
    I think the only difference may be that you need to assign the quickkey "1" to that button. You shouldn't need any extra digits - just the phones # should do. Also, I think it needs to be the very first speed dial button but not sure on that point.

HTH

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by bnewall1
    Hi all,

I have a colleague who accidentally deleted his Voicemail speed dial button, and is trying to figure out how to get it back. He can put it in manually, but it's missing some functionality. Specifically, if he gets a voicemail notification and hits the "Listen" button, it doesn't link to his speed dial button anymore, and so it doesn't automatically enter his password (which he had saved in the "extra digits" area of the speed dial button). Anyone know of a way to get that button back, aside from doing a hard reset?
    How did your friend delete it? I think the OS would prevent you from doing so.
    Global Posts
    32 Global Posts
    Nope, you can definitely delete it from your "Favorites". When he tried to put it back and assign "1" to it, it told him that key was already assigned. But it's not anywhere in his Favorites. On mine, if you go to edit the properties for that speed dial, it doesn't even let you change the hotkey or the type of favorite it is (speed-dial, application, etc.).
    What happens if you press and hold "1" on the phone app ?

-X
    Xathros

SprintPCS 650 since Nov 2004
    So what's the database for the favorites? I mean could he:
    1.) Hotsync to back up the device
    2.) Delete his favorites DB from the backup folder (thus clearing out the bad DB from the PC)
    3.) Do a hard reset (thus clearing out the bad DB from the device)
    4.) Re-sync

I would assume this would leave one with all the settings from the backup folder save the deleted favorites DB. It seems the defaults would remain in place since there is nothing to overwrite them.

Of course if you friend has modified the favorites then he will of course lose those by doing this, but he gets the VM button back.

Anyway, good luck.
    JW

--EDIT-- I'm not sure, but I found a file named PhoneFavorites2DB.PDB in the C:\Program Files\palmOne\User_ID\Backup folder. I would try moving that out of that folder and then following the above steps. This seems to be overkill to get a button back and I'm sure there's an easier way, but I bet this will work.

--EDIT #2--
    Looked at the above referenced file with FileZ and opened it with the edit function. I'm now sure this is the file he wants to be rid of.
    Last edited by Fry-man22; 06/08/2005 at 05:50 PM.