Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I agree..it would be great to avoid going through fusemail!
    If Yahoo offered IMAP access...it would be GREAT!!
    snappermail offers to retrieve messges every 1 minute, and you just pay for the application.
    Any advantage to push e-mail?
    Quote Originally Posted by lghitis
    snappermail offers to retrieve messges every 1 minute, and you just pay for the application.
    I'm pretty sure that would quickly drain your battery life vs. push mail which wouldn't....there are probably other advantages to push mail too...
    If snapper is constantly polling your call will go straight to voice mail 'cause the data connection will always be open.
    Arghh! My account still isn't pushing me email; I've tried reinstalling the app, tried re-signing in, re-synced, everything. Any thoughts?

-Sketchy
    I wish the new Yahoo mail app would alert you more than once and I wish it had an alert via the LED ... maybe we can get the developer of Butler to help us out with this, wouldn't that be awesome?
    I have pop yahoo and sms alerts set to go off when I a new email. does this app have any advantages over my set up?
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    Instant mail delivery. $2.99 per month.
    I switched to Sprint several months ago for the 650 discount, but never got around to trying the Snappermail/Treohelper/Sprint push solution until I saw a related thread where someone reminded me of the Treohelper solution. The result is FABULOUS, and makes me wonder why people would pay $2.99/mo when you can get the same thing for free.

What I did:
    1. I set-up gmail (free) to copy my mail to my Sprint mail account (which I don't use otherwise).
    2. I set my Sprint mail account to SMS me (free) when a new email arrives. Sprint says that, for now, the SMS notifications don't count against my 100/month limit. (Good, because I get a lot of email)
    3. I set Treohelper (free) to trigger the Snappermail fetch when the Sprint SMS arrives and delete the received Sprint SMS.

The result is a great free (I already own Snapper, but it also works with Versamail) push solution for POP email. From the time my gmail account receives the email, it takes about 10 seconds for Snapper be notified of the waiting email and start the fetch.

An added benefit of this setup is that I use Snapper's great UI instead of the yahoo/Sprint UI, which I assume will be lacking.

Thanks for the older threads here at TC discussing this issue so I could quickly and easily set my account up.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Heberman,Could you explain better what you did with your gmail account and snapper which I have?
    Heberman,Could you explain better what you did with your gmail account and snapper which I have?
    Here are some threads with better explanations:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=67768

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=55578
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Hey...

Must be why my Versa-Mail/Yahoo ain't working anymore...cause I ain't payin' for it. Although HotSync Manager still syncs it. I set up Yahoo as my home page and I get Mobile Yahoo and full Web choice. I get my regular E-Mails and Bulk Mail and have a whole slew of other Yahoo service choices and Yahoo instant messaging without going into Sprint messaging charges. In other words....It's free....Life is good.

Chuck
    Can someone tell me if this works on more than 1 Yahoo! account at the same time? The Push option or this app that is....thanks.
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    It does.
    How? I'm testing this app now, & I have 2 Yahoo emails, but it seems to only pick up 1. Is there a setting I'm missing? Thanks....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    I agree..it would be great to avoid going through fusemail!
    I was thinking of going to fusemail, am I missing some issue with it?
    Please let me know your thoughts for fusemail as an IMAP service and RSS.
    Thanks
    -g-
    i've signed up for this to check it out.

Its fairly cool - but actually when I set it to "push" then I get the SMS's as a regular SMS. Is that the way its supposed to work? I thought the SMS's would be handled in the background by the mail app.
    Palm Pilot 1000 -> Sprint TP-3000 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 650
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12