1.    #1  
    I have an unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobile. Today I just got my first MMS message on it. The message won't retrieve, though. The progress bar always gets to 98% (sometimes it doesn't get that far) and then it dies saying the networking connection was interrupted. I'm in a place with maximum signal strength and I'm not moving around so it's not a signal issue. I thought maybe Chatter was interferring but the same thing happens when I take Chatter offline. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe this is a transient network problem?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Hanson
    I have an unlocked Treo 650 on T-Mobile. Today I just got my first MMS message on it. The message won't retrieve, though. The progress bar always gets to 98% (sometimes it doesn't get that far) and then it dies saying the networking connection was interrupted. I'm in a place with maximum signal strength and I'm not moving around so it's not a signal issue. I thought maybe Chatter was interferring but the same thing happens when I take Chatter offline. Does anyone have any suggestions? Maybe this is a transient network problem?
    Try switching your connection to T-Zones and leaving it there (instead of using Internet or VPN.)

-SC
    "Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. There might be a law against it by that time." -/usr/games/fortune
  3.    #3  
    I changed it to T-Zones in NetworkProfile in the preferences for the messages application. It still seems to want to connect to T-Mobile VPN. Here's what happens:

- I have the green arrows above the signal strength indicator indicating I have a data connection.

- I click on Fetch to retrieve the message.

- Sometimes the green arrows go away.

- The LED turns to a solid red.

- The Treo then makes a connection to T-Mobile VPN (even though I told the messages application to use the T-Zones network profile).

- The progress bar advances. Sometimes it stops a 2% complete but most of the time it gets to 98% complete.

- Then it says that the network connection is interrupted and the message could not be downloaded.

Here are the network settings:

- Message center number: +12063130004

- Email center number: 500

- MMS gateway address: 216.155.165.50

- MMS URL: http://216.155.174.84/servlets/mms

- NetworkProfile: T-Zones
  4.    #4  
    I think I got it figured out. It did turn out the VPN connection was interfering with the message download. I had to completely shutdown and disconnect Chatter so it wouldn't try to make a VPN connection again. Then I was able to download the MMS message completely.

That stinks if I have to do that every time though. I wonder why the MMS messages don't download over the VPN connection? I'll have to ask T-Mobile about that.