1.    #1  
    I have a Sony Clie' (SJ-22) and will be getting the Verizon Treo 650. Can anyone tell me how to get my data from the Clie' on to the Treo with as little problems as possible?

I tried the Sprint Treo 650 and got a lot of error messages and filled the memory immediately with the first Hot-Sync. (I sent it back because I did not like the service)

If you can please be explicit, as I am new to a lot of this computer stuff. Thanks.

Also, can I put in Graffitti and Voice Dialing on the Treo?
    If you have outlook installed on the computer configure the Clie to sync to outlook then uninstall the Sony version of the Palm desktop and all of the other stuff that the Clie software installs before installing the Palm desktop for the Treo. When you install the Treo Palm software tell it to sync with outlook. This should have the effect of moving your contacts/datebook/tasks/memos from one device to the other through Outlook.

If you don't have Outlook I'm not sure what to tell you. Perhaps someone else has an idea.

As for Graphitti and Voice Dialing - you won't miss Graphitti a whole bunch after the first few hours of using the keyboard, trust me. I'm a Palm user who's first Palm was a Palm Pilot and I don't miss it at all. If you really want it it's possible to install it and, again, I'm sure that someone here can tell you how or a search of this forum will reveal how to do it (try searching for graphitti or grafitti).

Voice dialing is one area in which Palm really (IMHO) let us down. There's no built in voice dialing ability but there are a few applications which you can (grrrr...) purchase which provide this functionality. I'm using VoiceDialer from the Palm1 site and find it useable but not as good as the voice dialing features built into every Sony Ericsson phone I've ever owned. Plus I had to pay for it...

Anyway, that's the help I can offer. Hope it's of some use.

Ronin
    Quote Originally Posted by rbogossian
    I have a Sony Clie' (SJ-22) and will be getting the Verizon Treo 650. Can anyone tell me how to get my data from the Clie' on to the Treo with as little problems as possible?

I tried the Sprint Treo 650 and got a lot of error messages and filled the memory immediately with the first Hot-Sync. (I sent it back because I did not like the service)

If you can please be explicit, as I am new to a lot of this computer stuff. Thanks.

Also, can I put in Graffitti and Voice Dialing on the Treo?
    I imported all my data from my Sony Clie SJ-20 easily.

I backed up my data onto my MemoryStick I had for the Clie, just in case something went awry- (thankfully- nothing did!). I Uninstalled Clie Desktop from my computer. The data is still retained in the computer. Once you install the new Palm Desktop, it should just import the same datafile if you use the exact same HotSync ID as you had used on the Clie.

It was that simple for me & I've had no probs thus far. Good Luck!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
  4.    #4  
    I'm sorry to bother you, but would you mind telling me how to do the two steps I copied from you email as I have no idea how to do this?

Thank you so much.

"Using your existing Palm desktop, export your calendar, contacts, tasks and memos to external files.

Rename your clie backup file, or make a copy of it somewhere else."
  5.    #5  
    Is it easy to back up individual catagories on the Memory Stick? I have no idea how to do it?

Your technique sounds so simple.