Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    anyone please tell me their opinions on what they think is they very best all around wireless headset ustilizing this blue tooth tech stuff to interact seamlessly with my new treo 650,,,

simple things i want to do is create contacts and utilize the voice tage feature, saying a name, the call is dialed hands free and i can talk and tlak with no issues or bilps...

any ideas helpful,
    My favorite one has always been......

Seach the forum, this has already been covered with at least 100 iterations of this question.
    yeah, and voicetags still don't work via bluetooth.
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Palm III --> Palm V --> Visor Prism -->Palm VII --> Kyocera 6035 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p -->Centro
    hahaha oh evilghost you so craaaaaazzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy

okay the conclusion here in the bluetooth section is, there is no bestest best one. Each of them has their share of flaws, which stems down to the horrible BT implementation palm did on the Treo 650
    Yeah and frankly, the search feature of this system sucks. Most of the time I give up searching for something and just start looking through a forum until I find it.

Ben
    oh please people, cut with the search crap.

I've also tried this forum's search engine and its about as usefull as a $200 pair of Oakleys to Hellen Keller.

just post anything helpfull. otherwise keep your useless .02 cents comments to yourselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn

I've also tried this forum's search engine and its about as usefull as a $200 pair of Oakleys to Hellen Keller.

just post anything helpfull. otherwise keep your useless .02 cents comments to yourselves.

Well, allow me to add what you may consider to be another "useless .02 cents comment."
    Lets forget the "searching" thing for a minute; we'll get back to that later.
    This site has a F-O-R-U-M called BLUET-O-O-T-H. Had that link been clicked on, WOWWWWWWWWWWW...a bunch of topics regarding this SAME SUBJECT would have appeared!

And :::::drumroll::::: all this without using the S-E-A-R-C-H feature! (rme)
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by ozziegn

I think the "Search" tool is very usefull and I have found lots of information using it.

As for the BT headsets that work best with the Treo 650, I found, all from searches, that most people prefers the HBH-660 or the TWH. I have the HBH-660 and it works great. The ear hook sucks though.
    It would be very handy to be able to search on a word such as "bluetooth" instead of having to put together a search phrase that probably will not match the first time. The search tool at MyTreo.net is so much better. So let's not cut the crap concerning the search crap.

Let me take it back - the search tool has been improved upon since I last used it. So let's get back to the ...

Ben
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    meow
    Watch out for the black one, she's a mean and vicious killing machine. Walk past and your feet, legs, whatever is in the area, are fair game. Ben
    best one -

CARDO SCALA 500 (now in blue colors!!!)

why?

1. great volume

2. very comfy

3. quick connection times
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    best one -

why?

1. great volume

2. very comfy

again people have had mixed reviews aboot this one...so far there hasnt been one headset that ive seen that has been problem free
    Quote Originally Posted by HasanDaddy
    best one -

why?

1. great volume

2. very comfy

After reading through the forum, I decided to get one of these and I received it last night. The city of Chicago passed a 'headset only' law effective July 1st, so I had to get all the kinks worked out before I became illegal. And that is one reason why I didn't want to use another wired headset, because it inevitably gets tangled up and I'd rather just throw it in the glovebox when it did this.

The Cardo Scala 500 is not "cream of the crop", I bought mine for $38 shipped off Amazon. So far I have noticed the headset can not be farther than a couple of feet away from the phone or it crackles and sounds like garbage and I can not have the phone and headset on differing sides of my body or it sounds horrible.

Keep searching these forums, brah. It would be nice if there was a store where I could test every single headset, but that might get gross because some people might have a lot of earwax and that could touch your ear.

(PS - the headset makes you look like Lt Uhura from Star Trek, so I only plan to use mine in the car to protect my ungeeky looks)
    Quote Originally Posted by burnout
    So far I have noticed the headset can not be farther than a couple of feet away from the phone or it crackles and sounds like garbage and I can not have the phone and headset on differing sides of my body or it sounds horrible.
    This is probably due to the 1.1 (instead of the new 1.2).

I've also seen that it depends where I am when using the headset. In my car, I use a speakerphone, Motorola HF800, which is AWESOME, flawless, loud (even w/ the window open) ...people can't tell I'm using a speakerphone. At home the Motorola HS810 is okay, but the same headset at work is horrible...probably due to all the EMI from all the computers, monitors, flourescent lights, HVACs, other cell phones, sunspots, etc.

Overall, I think the technology still needs time to mature.
    Quote Originally Posted by evilghost
    My favorite one has always been......

Seach the forum, this has already been covered with at least 100 iterations of this question.

Shutup.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Jabra Mobile Pro - blue tooth headset with noise cancellation, boon mike, and ear clip (as opposed to the dreaded ear hook) which clasps from behind, creating a tight and comfortable fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by ambtreo
    Jabra Mobile Pro - blue tooth headset with noise cancellation, boon mike, and ear clip (as opposed to the dreaded ear hook) which clasps from behind, creating a tight and comfortable fit.
    what Jabra Mobile Pro?
    Logitech Mobile Pro.

After elenty hours of web reviews, it's the one I picked because of the noise cancelling mike and volume. I'm in large noisy buildings frequently.

Here's a list of the ones I had paired (no pun intended) it to.
    No particular order.

Cardo scala 500 Bluetooth Headset
    Neo Voice
    Logitech Mobile Pro
    Bluespoon Chameleon
    Jabra BT800

Google for each with the word "review" and you'll find some impressions.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast