1.    #1  
    I have an option in "calling preferences" that is checked to block outgoing caller ID. But it keeps getting reset, each time my phone resets.

Also, I've called Cingular and asked that it be permanently blocked. They say it is but it really isn't.

I never had this problem with AT&T. I have never received a junk phone call in 15 years of cell phone usage but I've always had my outgoing caller ID blocked. Anyone figure out how to permanently block your outgoing caller ID, so that you don't have to do it on every damn call.

The check box simply does NOT work.
  2.    #2  
    I just got off the phone with Cingular and they told me it is a $25 charge to have caller ID blocked on my phone.

However, the other day they told me there was no charge and that it was activated. It wasn't. Now they are saying it's $25 to have caller ID permanently blocked.

Can anyone verify this?
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ipscone
    I have never received a junk phone call in 15 years of cell phone usage but I've always had my outgoing caller ID blocked.
    For what it's worth, this doesn't likely have any effect on your receiving junk calls. As far as I know no companies out there collect phone numbers to make junk calls to by picking up caller ID. In fact, if you're calling 800 numbers blocking your caller ID has no effect as they can still see your number.

Brett
    I think a blocked caller id is complete arrogance

"I have no problem bothering you, but don't bother me"
    Last edited by sxtg; 06/08/2005 at 03:03 PM.