Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Can't find info on any of the changes, but here's the latest

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/backupman.html
    Quote Originally Posted by dwman
    Can't find info on any of the changes, but here's the latest

http://www.bitsnbolts.com/backupman.html
    Thanks. Description on their website looks on par with v1.53. I'm afraid to try it. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Any takers to give this one a whirl?
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Not me.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Tried it, and just like with .53 I get a reset after every backup, and the schedule count is completely ignored. Nothing new.
    Same here, a reset after every backup. This did not use to happen. I could rely on BackupMan. Now I have been using Botzam and BackupBuddy and not having any problems.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Crap!! Me too. I usually backup at 4 AM, so I don't if it was happening before. I e-mailed B&B to let them know. We'll see what they have to say.
    Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    I have a verizon treo 650. Backup is essential for me. I had been using Cardbackup with my 600, which worked great, but since upgrading, neither it nor Backupman worked (resets as noted). HOWEVER, I have found that BBVFS (BackupbuddyVFS by Blue Nomad) works great. The first backup to the card took some time, and did cause a soft reset at the end. But since then, I've done multiple scheduled and non-scheduled backups, all good. I've restored individual files, but haven't done a full restore yet.
  8. GXX
    Just tried 1.54, does not reset for me after a manual backup and a schedule backup.

Running on a VZW T650.
    Lucky you.
    I have BackupMan and 14 Mbs free on my 650 and my scheduled backups work just fine... I think you have to have over 11Mbs. available (did anybody else read this number?) for it to work correctly... less that that and I have errors.
    I emailed bits and bolts to get v 1.52. I had crashes with 1.53 almost regularly, but not since going back to 1.52. They can't explain it.
    I don't get a crash after a backup or a restore with 1.53. I never even turn my radio off either. This is on a Sprint 1.08.
    I just went back to 1.52 and I still get the resets after a backup.
    I use v1.52b5 and don't have any problems with it. With all the problems other users are reporting I will stick with this version that I know works for me.
    This is probably a stupid question...

When you replace an older version with the newer, what happens to the backups already done? I downloaded v1.54 over v1.53 and my previous backups disappeared. Luckily, I only had two since my checkpoint backups are on another card.
    Quote Originally Posted by neotope
    I use v1.52b5 and don't have any problems with it. With all the problems other users are reporting I will stick with this version that I know works for me.
    Good advice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130
    This is probably a stupid question...

When you replace an older version with the newer, what happens to the backups already done? I downloaded v1.54 over v1.53 and my previous backups disappeared. Luckily, I only had two since my checkpoint backups are on another card.
    I upgraded to 1.54 last night and didn't have to do anything. My previous backups were still there and my registration code transferred to the new version automatically.

I just did a manual backup with the radio on and it worked perfectly.
    Did anyone know what the improvements are in 1.54?
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Here is the response I received from B&B regarding the resets.

"Most likely you're running Butler. Go into Butler, select "Disable All"
    from the menu and then exit the program. Perform a soft reset of the device.

We're still working on finding the problem, but that has solved it for everyone so far."

Do any of you have Butler who are experiencing resets?
    I've not seen this problem. Backup/Autobackup and restored ok. Don't use Butler though.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast