1.    #1  
    Often I will pick up my Treo 600 and it is hot. The screen is off and the battery still has about 75% charge left. This has happened while the 600 is in my pocket or even when it is just sitting on a desk doing nothing. The battery then dies quickly. I can re-charge it and sometimes it will cool off right away, other times it takes hours to cool off.

Does anyone have a solution?
    Have you thought about replacing the battery. There are threads about this. I did and it made a huge difference for my calls and daily use.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Thanks T3, but I have plenty of talk-time - more than I need. This condition happens occasionally. It happens when my 600 is in my pocket or lying in a counter. The screen is not lit (as it would be if I accidentally pressed a button.) Only when this condition happens does my battery get low.
    Sounds as though you have some kind of occasional (I hate to use this WAY OVER USED TERM) short or low impedance path. I had a similar fate with my SAMSUNG I300. I'd hear a crackling sound, it would get very hot, and the battery would drain immediately. (Takes a lot of juice to create this heat, so the battery dies). Bottom line, sounds like its time for warranty repair.

Hey T3, I'm in Huntington Beach, near Westminster mall. Where are you located. BTW, my Brother-in-law just got back from Iraq. Semper Fidelis.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa
    Sounds as though you have some kind of occasional (I hate to use this WAY OVER USED TERM) short or low impedance path. I had a similar fate with my SAMSUNG I300. I'd hear a crackling sound, it would get very hot, and the battery would drain immediately. (Takes a lot of juice to create this heat, so the battery dies). Bottom line, sounds like its time for warranty repair.

Hey T3, I'm in Huntington Beach, near Westminster mall. Where are you located. BTW, my Brother-in-law just got back from Iraq. Semper Fidelis.
    I live in Fountain Valley, work at Whittier Law School on Harbor Blvd. We go to ToDai on Beach Blvd all the time.

I have been out of the Corps since '94 but I appreciate the thoughts. (Im sure you do but) make sure you let your brother in law know how much you appreciate his sacrifice.

Back on topic...Lovemytreo...I would follow the warranty repair advice. Even if you put up with the annoyance, I wouldnt want the thing to get any worse.
    Last edited by t2gungho; 06/25/2005 at 02:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joey's Poppa

I agree about the over use of the term "short" however another thought comes to mind is when most radios become hot is when the transmitter is on. When this problem happens try turning off the radio to see if it cools off. You may want to open the device up and take a look, never know what you'll find until you do.

Otherwise, it's for sure a trip to the repair depot.

good luck