Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by string3599
    I like Sprint overall but a funny thing happened tonight (I have Sprint). I was driving right by Sprint's world headquarters talking on my Treo and my Treo dropped the call.
    that can't be good!!!
    I'm not weird... I'm gifted!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by ix0ye
    I had the 19.99 unlimited MediaWorks, and I have recieved bills in excess of 400.00 for the last 3 months. After evaluating, Cingular has decided that I owe them over 1000.00, and that the credit dispute over the data usage will go to arbitration. I am obviously switching carriers. I have a friend who has T-Mobile, and he hates it in both Arizona, and California. So I am at a loss.

I may pay the extra $ and try Verizon.
    Call Cingular, tell them you got a call from the "Office of the President".
    Tell them you want to speak to that office.
    Global Posts
    321 Global Posts
    I guess when it comes down to it, our company is willing to pay extra to have the better service. We use Verizon and have been using them since they were GTE.

In fact my boss has had his same cell phone number since 1982! Our sales people go to some areas that the other carriers just don't cover and 9 times out of 10 Verizon comes through for us.

We have a business rep we deal with and have had no problems getting equipment and their customer service has always been good to us and we only have 35 phones on our account.

I have been researching different companies for years hoping to come up with a less expensive solution, but it hasn't happened.

As far as who's the best, I was reading an article in a mobile tech mag and they compared all the carriers and Verizon is the one that came out on top for coverage and service. Did they state they were the best carrier? No, they said they were the carrier with the least amount of problems.

I tend to agree with that, they all have their issue's some less than other's. It just depends on which carrier fits your needs the best.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a cheaper data plan than Sprint's Vision?
    I think it all depends on where you live. I had Sprint at one time. My stupid Motorola phone kept breaking on me and the store couldn't ever figure out how to transfer my numbers. Then I got Powertel, (Voicestream, T-Mobile) and never looked back. If I ever did switch it would be to Cingular. I'm a GSM customer for life...in my day-to-day jaunts, I get fairly good reception. But nothing beats the convenience of moving my SIM card to another phone and that other instantly works on the network, and I still have my numbers.
    Global Posts
    739 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ekuzco
    I think it all depends on where you live. I had Sprint at one time. My stupid Motorola phone kept breaking on me and the store couldn't ever figure out how to transfer my numbers. Then I got Powertel, (Voicestream, T-Mobile) and never looked back. If I ever did switch it would be to Cingular. I'm a GSM customer for life...in my day-to-day jaunts, I get fairly good reception. But nothing beats the convenience of moving my SIM card to another phone and that other instantly works on the network, and I still have my numbers.
    Interesting. I went from a sanyo sprint phone to the treo, and all the same... I just had to have Sprint on the phone when I booted the device and gave them the treo's address info (whatever its called, like a mac address). I synced all my contact info via Yahoo.

Does Cingular have a flat rate data plan? I pay 15 buck a month, total. Not bad when you consider that I listen to streaming audio 4-5 hours a day now, plus messaging, email, websurfing.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12