1.    #1  
    The problem has been covered in other threads (see http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=77706): when you reassign the e-mail hard to another app through Preferences --> Buttons, it gets reset to the original e-mail app after a soft reset.

One suggestion was to uninstall the original e-mail app, but that's in ROM. What software apps can reassign the button and have the new assignment survive a reset?
    Quote Originally Posted by fearless613
    The problem has been covered in other threads (see http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...ad.php?t=77706): when you reassign the e-mail hard to another app through Preferences --> Buttons, it gets reset to the original e-mail app after a soft reset.

One suggestion was to uninstall the original e-mail app, but that's in ROM. What software apps can reassign the button and have the new assignment survive a reset?
    I cooked up a quick and dirty app last night to deal with this. My proof of concept automatically resets the button to SnapperMail after a reset. But I plan to make that configurable. Would anyone here be interested?
    Global Posts
    105 Global Posts
    Yes.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan M Bell
    I cooked up a quick and dirty app last night to deal with this. My proof of concept automatically resets the button to SnapperMail after a reset. But I plan to make that configurable. Would anyone here be interested?
    I'd also be interested Jonathan.
    A private beta of my fix is now available. Anyone interested must go to BellTools.com and register in the forums area. Once in, send me a board PM requesting access to the beta area. I'll post a more public link once I've sufficiently tested this utility.

Regarding price: I expect to treat this one-shot application as freeware.
    Last edited by Jonathan M Bell; 06/12/2005 at 02:34 PM. Reason: Detailed (free) cost of application
    Jonathan - PM sent. Thanks.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!