1.    #1  
    I have a week old "new" never locked 600 and have been experiencing phone problems.

I have been informed that sometimes callers receive a busy signal. I performed a warm reset and then discovered that the phone would not turn on. After a soft reset the phone could then be turned on.

I did a hard reset and then tried the phone and the busy problem was sometimes still there. A subsequent warm reset still produced the non turn on problem so I know the problem is not related to third party software.

I also have noticed that the phone portion locks up sometimes and the only way out is a soft reset - none of the power buttons will work until a soft reset is done.

I do not have mail or internet turned on.

So the questions are:
    - does a warm reset normally also require a soft reset to get the phone to turn on?
    - is the above somewhat normal?

I just turned on the phone again after confirming it was working a few minutes ago and .... that's right, phoning it gets a busy signal.

Thanks in advance for your comments.
    Phone and internet won't work after a warm reset, only after a soft or hard reset.. my guess would be an issue either with the phone itself or your SIM card...maybe try swapping SIMs at a store and see if it still happens. Good luck
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Phone and internet won't work after a warm reset, only after a soft or hard reset.. my guess would be an issue either with the phone itself or your SIM card...maybe try swapping SIMs at a store and see if it still happens. Good luck
    ScottyM Thank you. I am now edified about the wonders of the warm boot in the Treo 600.

The SIM sounds like the most promising route. My current SIM is an old 3v/5v unit - a new SIM is $25. Perhaps I can find someone tomorrow who will let me plug their SIM into the unit - it won't cost them anything if I don't answer the phone.

I do have 2 more days to get a new unit per the sales agreement with the end-of-line store I bought the unit at. They have 3 more units in stock at the warehouse.

Of course after recharging the unit this evening the phone is answering.

Ah the joys of having a trailing edge product. However, at least I can actually hear people when I am outside; both my returned 650s were somewhat deaf.

Thanks for the reponse.
  4.    #4  
    Follow up:

A new SIM was purchased and the busy problem seems to have gone away. Now onto the the other problems.