1.    #1  
    Newby has a couple of questions regarding Call Log on a Cingular 650:

1. After accessing Call Log, the 5-Way Navigator doesn't work to navigate up or down through the numbers. Other than using the stylus, is there some slick way to navigate through the Call Log?

2. I realize that you can save numbers from the Call Log to a new Contact entry via the button at the bottom of the screen. However, is there an easy way to save a number from the Call Log to an existing Contact? For example, I have a Contact entry for a client with his work and fax numbers and address. He called me today on his mobile. Is there a way to save his mobile number from the Call Log to his existing Contact entry, or am I stuck doing a manual entry? I suppose another way would be to save the mobile number to a dummy Contact entry, and then cut/paste the mobile number from the dummy Contact to the Contact entry with the client's other info (followed by deletion of the dummy Contact). Is there an easier way?

Thanks in advance.
  2. rg1
    1. When you get into the log, 'cancel' is highlighted. If you press up on the 5-way, it will take you to the list. I think this is so you can quickly see the log and then exit.
  3. rg1
    2. Why not just copy the phone number from the log and then go into the entry that already exists and paste it in?
  4.    #4  
    rg1,

Thanks for your response.

1. Pressing "up" is indeed the navigation solution. It was counterintuitive to me to first go "up" when I wanted to scroll "down".

2. On the copy/paste question, however, there are no copy/paste commands in the Call Log menu. Is there another way?
    Quote Originally Posted by taxrebel
    2. On the copy/paste question, however, there are no copy/paste commands in the Call Log menu. Is there another way?
    Use Details from the menu
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  6.    #6  
    Insertion,

Thank you. I knew there had to be an easier way.
    Quote Originally Posted by taxrebel
    Insertion,

Thank you. I knew there had to be an easier way.
    Well, it's not really an "easier" way, but the only way using what came with the phone...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."