1.    #1  
    I have tried verichat and the always on doesn't seem to work that well so I don't want to pay for it. are there any good free chat clients for MSN CHAT? thanks... writing from treo 650 now.
    Try chatopus, a free IM client:

http://www.chatopus.com/

There is also Mundu which has only a one time fee:

http://www.geodesiconline.com/index.htm

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3. agi
    Chatopus is $14.95 one time fee.
    Quote Originally Posted by race
    I have tried verichat and the always on doesn't seem to work that well so I don't want to pay for it. are there any good free chat clients for MSN CHAT? thanks... writing from treo 650 now.
    Always-On on VeriChat works fine, unless you are mis-configured or have a Verizon device and live in specific geographical areas. If it is the latter, please write to us at support@pdaapps.com and we will send you a special build for Verizon.
    I'm on Cingular and the person I chat with is on Sprint...we have daily resets now, while using Verichat, that we didn't experience before. The reset log always says "While running Verichat". I love the app and want to purchase it, but I can't keep dealing with the screen freezes.

We're both running the latest beta...is there a stabler version?
    I have no problems with 2.84b and you dont chat me I'm on Sprint.
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    I've been using Agile. Kind of boring, but it's free and seems to work
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
    Quote Originally Posted by dlbrummels
    I have no problems with 2.84b and you dont chat me I'm on Sprint.
    I'm sorry dl...gotta stay faithful to my MonkeyMan

You really have no resets with 2.84b? How do you have it setup? I swear we each get at least two a day...