Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I have worked through several problems and am now left with the somewhat common "sync" problem w/ MS Outlook. I have tried uninstalling (incl. clearing the registry folder). Does the OLERR error codes mean anything to anyone? Everything else seems to be working w/the sync.

Here's my log:
    Outlook Calendar
    The attempt to open the database failed.
    Date Book application database is not found. Please invoke the Date Book application on the handheld once and re-synchronize
    OLERR:05-0001
    OLERR:0D-0004
    OLERR:0D-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Calendar synchronization failed

OLERR:15-0002
    OLERR:06-0001
    Outlook Contacts
    OLERR:02-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Contacts synchronization failed

OLERR:01-0001
    Outlook Tasks
    OLERR:10-0001
    - Not Synchronized
    Outlook Tasks synchronization failed

OLERR:0F-0001
    Outlook Notes
    - Desktop overwrite HH Sync
    OK Outlook Notes
    This has been discussed in numerous threads (search for "OLERR" and you'll find them). Read this P1 support article for some further details.
    MarkEagle
    .....<a href="http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/index.php?s=">TreoCentral</a> | <a href="http://discussion.visorcentral.com/vcforum/index.php?s=">VisorCentral</a> Forum Moderator - Forum Guidelines
    .....Sprint PCS Treo 650
    .....God bless America, my home sweet home...
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Found it! Thought I'd post the fix (for me at least).

Went to Wireless Sync: Setup/Connection Settings - Advanced - "check" Enable other sync apps.

Also I had already disabled all of the "ReadySync" boxes.

Hope this helps...
    twist747, glad you found the issue. Where is "Wireless Sync" (treo, desktop, outlook, etc.)?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    Treo: It's in the main "Home" where all of the programs are called "Wireless Sync". See if that get's you there. Follow the instructions above.
    Palm III - V - M500 - M505 - T3 - T5 - Treo 600 - Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by twist747
    Found it! Thought I'd post the fix (for me at least).

Went to Wireless Sync: Setup/Connection Settings - Advanced - "check" Enable other sync apps.

Also I had already disabled all of the "ReadySync" boxes.

Hope this helps...
    After 3 hour of frustrating, hard resets and reloadings, I came to this site this morning, and bingo shazam shazam, now it works like a charm. Wierd thing is that it's been sync'ing fine for about a month, just went unabled on it's own. But now I know.
    Quote Originally Posted by twist747
    Treo: It's in the main "Home" where all of the programs are called "Wireless Sync". See if that get's you there. Follow the instructions above.
    A little help. I can't find Wireless Sync on either my Treo650 [Cingular] on in Outlook 2003. Would the fact that I'm getting those same error messages with a cradle, rather than wireless, change anything?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzi
    A little help. I can't find Wireless Sync on either my Treo650 [Cingular] on in Outlook 2003. Would the fact that I'm getting those same error messages with a cradle, rather than wireless, change anything?
    Wireless Sync is available to Verizon users. It is built into the ROM of the Treo 650 for Verizon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Madhatter
    Wireless Sync is available to Verizon users. It is built into the ROM of the Treo 650 for Verizon.
    Ahh, okay, thanks. Now, any suggestions on how I might accomplish the same as the Verizon users on a Cingular phone?
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well... I had OLERR error last week and I fixed it by open Notes in Outlook 2003 and in Pocketmirror foler ( I use Pocketmirror XT for sync ) I delete my username... tryed to sync and of course it worked...
    CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari
    Quote Originally Posted by lappari
    Well... I had OLERR error last week and I fixed it by open Notes in Outlook 2003 and in Pocketmirror foler ( I use Pocketmirror XT for sync ) I delete my username... tryed to sync and of course it worked...
    That's odd, but I guess it's worth a try. I've tried everything else I can think of with no permanent success. Currently the problem occurs during the Tasks sync. It I set it to do nothing with Tasks, it syncs everything else just fine. I've deleted all the tasks, and I still get the same errors. It really is a pain!
    Global Posts
    52 Global Posts
    Well...
    If you have tryed everything else then I dont haveto tell you to go to http://kb.palmone.com and search for Solution ID: 31167

CASIO SF-7900 > Palm III > PalmVX > Palm m505 > Palm Tungsten C > Treo 650
    SD cards. 8Mb - 64Mb - 128Mb - 256Mb and 1Gb
    www.simnet.is/lappari