1.    #1  
    Lately when I have gone to turn off the power to my Treo, I have had to press the red "off" button a couple times.

It just started doing this. I am not sure if it is a hardware or software problem.

Anyone else having this happen?
    mine always does it - when I hit the power off, and turn it back on - it takes a few taps to turn on screen.
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Mine does this too, lately and suddenly. I'll have to wait 20 seconds or so and hit the off button again to get it to turn off.
    Doesn't happen to me, on Sprint.

What version of the phone do you have? What software have you installed recently? What other software do you have installed?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  5.    #5  
    I think I have the most current firmware on my Treo650 (1.08?)

I am trying to figure out if it is software. It sure seems like it.

Seems to happen most when I close down from DateBK 5 but might be a coincidence since I use that so much. I have installed the new beta release today (s4) and maybe that will change something....

Also I have Chatter which I update quite often with the new Betas...
    In the Chatter forum; Marc from Chatter mentions that this is probably related to Chatter. He doesn't give any hints as to when to expect a fix.
    Global Posts
    214 Global Posts
    There is a known issue where with the 650 where you can't always get the phone to turn on with a single button press when you have bluetooth enabled.

I had an issue a while ago where I couldn't get the phone to turn off when I hit the off button and that was solved with a soft reset.

HTH,
    Brett