1.    #1  
    Hi,

The list of bluetooth things I have ever made connection with is only growing. I would like to trim it down by removing not used objects.

I have searched and searched again (in my Treo and in this forum) I cannot find any clue.

Somebody out there with a hint?
    Global Posts
    39 Global Posts
    I am going off of memory here, but you should be able to do it from the bluetooth manager. The button at the bottom that lets you setup device, then there should be a button to list trusted devices. From there you should be able to select the device and press delete.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by calash
    I am going off of memory here, but you should be able to do it from the bluetooth manager. The button at the bottom that lets you setup device, then there should be a button to list trusted devices. From there you should be able to select the device and press delete.

Nope, the devices are not here anymore, nor are they "trusted". hey are just in the list for no reason whatsoever. But I is becoming difficult to choose the right device whithout filtering for trusted devices first.
    I just wnat to get rid of no more used devices.
    yep- i want to know how to do this too! anyone know? thanks
    Use FileZ to delete the file called "Bluetooth Device Cache". Trusted devices will lose their names and you will only see their device address (example: 00:0F:3D:07:9B:1A) until you connect to each trusted device and it's name is once again cached.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by skillllllz
    Use FileZ to delete the file called "Bluetooth Device Cache". Trusted devices will lose their names and you will only see their device address (example: 00:0F:3D:07:9B:1A) until you connect to each trusted device and it's name is once again cached.
    Tried with Resco Explorer: cannot delete, file is open. Any hints?
    Turn off bluetooth first. If that's not the issue then you WILL need to use FileZ. I delete that file on a regular basis using FileZ and have no issues when doing so.
    Um... this might be a dumb suggestion, but did you try turning off Device Name Cache?
    you can also edit a particular devise out, if you know the address with filez
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
  10.    #10  
    Turn off bluetooth first. If that's not the issue then you WILL need to use FileZ. I delete that file on a regular basis using FileZ and have no issues when doing so.
    Dump! I indeed had blutooth on! Thanks.

If trusted devices loose their names by deleting the BTDC, what actually removes the entire reference of a device no longer used. What I am understanding from this post is that it will still be there on the 650, just without a name associated to it?!?
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex

If trusted devices loose their names by deleting the BTDC, what actually removes the entire reference of a device no longer used. What I am understanding from this post is that it will still be there on the 650, just without a name associated to it?!?
    Yes, trusted devices will still be there without a name association. Untrusted devices will be removed altogether. If you want to remove a trusted device you may do so by first going into the "details" of the trusted device and then by tapping "delete".
    If you want to remove a trusted device you may do so by first going into the "details" of the trusted device and then by tapping "delete".

Did that, and it returned. Dont know how considering I didnt have that device anymore.
    ~ ScandaLous ~
    Quote Originally Posted by scandalex

Did that, and it returned. Dont know how considering I didnt have that device anymore.
    In FileZ delete "Bluetooth Trusted Devices". Be sure Bluetooth is off before you attempt this. Also, perform a soft reset after deleting either of these files, otherwise the device may become unstable when re-enabling bluetooth.

Warning: You WILL lose all your trusted devices.